C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain’s IRUSB Driver minapp feedback

Cbell

I wasn’t sure if I was missing something in programming but I wanted to know if the current chowmain IRUSB driver offered any feedback. Essentially I wanted to be able to determine which mini app was invoked or active for a room. The issue is that some mini apps on the nvidia shield pauses when I execute a Picture in picture via my Video Storm matrix. Netflix, HDHomeRun, Amazon Video, and Hulu all allow the Picture in picture to occur without pausing the video. Whereas, Kodi and Disneyplus both pause when the Picture in picture is invoked. In an ideal world I would like all of the Mini apps not to pause when PIP is executed. However, in the absence of that as an option, i could place a condition that checks to see which mini app is running before allowing the Picture in Picture. Ultimately... it is my desire to have my front of the house security camera on Blue Iris to send PIP whenever a certain zone is crossed. But unfortunately it would be a nuisance if it paused Kodi instead of overlaying to camera feed every time someone walked up the path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.