C4 Forums | Control4

IR Driver for Denon 750H Issue

I had to use an IR driver for a different model since C4 does not have a driver for the Denon AVR750H.  I am using the Denon 4806 driver.  The issue is when they power on the system the correct source is not chosen on the Denon or it is not received by the denon from the EA1.  If you manually change the source it works fine and all video/audio works.  The issue is consistent but does work sometimes.  I have increased the IR command to repeat 3 times but still have the issue.  The rack does have a glass door and I will try adding an emitter cover tomorrow to rule out the IR bouncing off of the glass.  Do you guys know of anything else I can try?  They also complain about the delay when switching sources or turning on the system.  I am assuming when switching sources it takes a minute to go from AT&T to apple TV.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had to use an IR driver for a different model since C4 does not have a driver for the Denon AVR750H.  I am using the Denon 4806 driver.  The issue is when they power on the system the correct source is not chosen on the Denon or it is not received by the denon from the EA1.  If you manually change the source it works fine and all video/audio works.  The issue is consistent but does work sometimes.  I have increased the IR command to repeat 3 times but still have the issue.  The rack does have a glass door and I will try adding an emitter cover tomorrow to rule out the IR bouncing off of the glass.  Do you guys know of anything else I can try?  They also complain about the delay when switching sources or turning on the system.  I am assuming when switching sources it takes a minute to go from AT&T to apple TV.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Make sure the IR is correctly positioned on front of the IR RX on the avr. Black electrical tape also helps keep the iR in position and blocks like a cover does.

Also seen as you’re using a different driver the input names on the driver may not match the inputs on the actual avr - have you tired switching them manually to see if that works and switches to the correct input.

With the on and off also sometimes you have to add in a manual command to turn on zone 1 on the power on and to turn it off on power off

Hope that helps

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the right source not being selected when first powered on, this sounds like the power on delay is not long enough.

If you look at the receiver when you try to watch a source from an off state, you should see two flashes.  The first flash is to power on the unit, and the second flash is to set the source.  If the second flash occurs before the unit is fully powered on, the command being flashed will not be registered, and so the unit will not switch to the correct source.  The solution would be to increase the power on delay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.