C4 Forums | Control4

What Did You Automate Today?

I am on some other forums for BBQ and Wine and there are very old threads that people post to daily about what they are cooking or what they what bottle they opened from the cellar, etc.

So many posts on here are about problems, people looking for advice, etc.  So I thought it may be fun to have a running thread here for things we actually accomplished and automated/controlled.  Could give people some "a-ha" type ideas to do something similar in their projects.

Photos are obviously welcomed but descriptions are fine (What you did in Composer, what drivers you used, any hardware requirements, etc).

I'd start, but I didn't automate anything today though I have 1-2 things I want to get to over the weekend.....

Love the idea... I didn’t automate anything today so have gone back a couple of weeks to my most recent favourite addition

I added 19 instances of bnet solutions btimer driver to my project.  Love the driver.

I am using it to time how long each TV is on in a given day, month and year.

I also time how long our generator has run day, month and year.

Then I time how long our backup water pump is running each day, moth and year.

I also time how long the system has been on line and how long since we last had a power cut.

Finally, as well as displaying all of these btimers on screen, I also e-mail myself a monthly report of all this information (I did not quite get this right the first time and my first such e-mail - 1 June - needed a little editing and fixing... but I am hoping that my 1 July monthly report will be perfect!).

I love this idea as well. Unfortunately I haven’t done anything great other than just tightening up some logic in existing programming. But... I think this thread will get the creative juices going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun idea ...

I finished Automating a Roller Shade for my Son room, he was complaining from the manual task as it takes 2 steps to open his window, a roller shade and an external shutter that was automated already and with a press from C4 he opens the shutter but he has to physically go and do it manually.  I used a WiFi/RF Roller Shade Controller, While I flashed the device already with Tasmota, I still can't operate it with WiFi instead I managed to use the RF to automate the shade ...

This week I maybe did too much:

In my office, new motion sensor automated the lights; but now also automates a fan.  After 2 minutes of no activitiy, turns the lights and fan off.  After 2 more minutes, if the lights don't turn back on, it turns off my 2 tv monitors.

So far today

I got the New berto IOT hub setup and working with HomeKit courtesy of @david@berto.co.ukand it’s working great, just need to get the rest of the rooms setup.

Secondly using @alanchow Call to prayer driver and Yatuns Annoucment consolidator driver I was able to get prayer times to show up as a pop up on my T3’s. I have also mapped the announcement to a UI button so anyone can just press the button to see the timings.

Pretty cool if you ask me - you can display any string or number with the driver, thinking of what I could do next...

Picture attached

Happy automating!!

Thanks
M

IMG_3242.jpg

2 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

So far today

I got the New berto IOT hub setup and working with HomeKit courtesy of @david@berto.co.ukand it’s working great, just need to get the rest of the rooms setup.

Secondly using @alanchow Call to prayer driver and Yatuns Annoucment consolidator driver I was able to get prayer times to show up as a pop up on my T3’s. I have also mapped the announcement to a UI button so anyone can just press the button to see the timings.

Pretty cool if you ask me - you can display any string or number with the driver, thinking of what I could do next...

Picture attached

Happy automating!!

Thanks
M

This is a very nice feature, however never managed to get the Azan Driver working at all, 2 things: I believe it requires another driver, Advanced Announcement Driver!  I didn't know that except after I bought it and it will not invest in another driver! The driver is not easy at all in setting up and its an issue for my dealer till now, it never played the Azan through our speakers, only playes it if you have a media runing through these speakers at time of Azan! 2nd it uses the Location setting of the director and this causes the timing to be different than actual, I had to make the location in US to be able to have Pandora, Radio.com and iHeart Radio working otherwise it worn't work!  I wish this is fixed in an upcoming release which will not happen soon!

I will read the instructions again and give it another try with my dealer, I will also use time adjusting for now trying to get it as close but its a moving target and will require manual adjustments!

28 minutes ago, Amr said:
This is a very nice feature, however never managed to get the Azan Driver working at all, 2 things: I believe it requires another driver, Advanced Announcement Driver!  I didn't know that except after I bought it and it will not invest in another driver! The driver is not easy at all in setting up and its an issue for my dealer till now, it never played the Azan through our speakers, only playes it if you have a media runing through these speakers at time of Azan! 2nd it uses the Location setting of the director and this causes the timing to be different than actual, I had to make the location in US to be able to have Pandora, Radio.com and iHeart Radio working otherwise it worn't work!  I wish this is fixed in an upcoming release which will not happen soon!

You don’t need any additional drivers. I’ve managed just to do with the announcement agent built in.

Alan has also added more locals you can select plus you can now adjust the times with an increment to get them more correct to your local time. 

would be more than happy in assisting you to get this setup for you. 
PM me  

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkScreenshot 2020-06-06 at 19.48.22.png

3 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

You don’t need any additional drivers. I’ve managed just to do with the announcement agent built in.

Alan has also added more locals you can select plus you can now adjust the times with an increment to get them more correct to your local time. 

would be more than happy in assisting you to get this setup for you. 
PM me  

Yep, I just edit my original post with your exact suggestion! will try with me dealer 1st ...

56 minutes ago, Amr said:

Yep, I just edit my original post with your exact suggestion! will try with me dealer 1st ...

The driver was installed in the project already, with Composer HE I was able to make the setup as per the documentation of Chowmain, pretty easy really?! I have no idea why he told me it require the advance announcement, but this was 2 years ago!

The driver was installed in the project already, with Composer HE I was able to make the setup as per the documentation of Chowmain, pretty easy really?! I have no idea why he told me it require the advance announcement, but this was 2 years ago!

I’ve had the driver since the day it came out pretty much and have never used the advance announcement driver... I know you can but I don’t have a need for it.

Glad you managed to get it setup! :)

Make sure you use the Fajr Adhan for Fajr as it’s different to the other 4 - caught me out the first time... my dad laughed and was like you programmers just love to copy and paste don’t you

Thanks
M

Yes I have Fajr Azan Version! Tested it and works nicely, Can I use a Marco to fire up the Azan routine instead of programing the same commands for almost the 5 events?

Yes I have Fajr Azan Version! Tested it and works nicely, Can I use a Marco to fire up the Azan routine instead of programing the same commands for almost the 5 events?

Sure you can

Create a macro called Adhan

Then in the custom programming section
When Adhan is triggered play song “Adhan” I’m living room for example or whatever rooms you need.

Then tie that macro to execute when it’s time for asr, dhuhr etc

Your fajr will still have to be programmed separately

Thanks
M

43 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Sure you can

Create a macro called Adhan

Then in the custom programming section
When Adhan is triggered play song “Adhan” I’m living room for example or whatever rooms you need.

Then tie that macro to execute when it’s time for asr, dhuhr etc

Your fajr will still have to be programmed separately

Thanks
M

Done and it’s Much cleaner, can I do the below? Am starting with Backyard and adding 3 Audio zones to it, then after Adhan am stopping all rooms including the one I started with:

815D78A9-0447-4B73-BF24-654C42495B8B.jpeg

Done and it’s Much cleaner, can I do the below? Am starting with Backyard and adding 3 Audio zones to it, then after Adhan am stopping all rooms including the one I started with:

815D78A9-0447-4B73-BF24-654C42495B8B.jpeg.0a8e6b24ba7a541b7dd55c553a278d28.jpeg

That should work, make sure the delay is the same length as your adhan and add 10 seconds on top of that just incase there’s ever a delay.

I also use the snapshot driver to restore zones back to their original state before the Adhan.

Thanks
M

1 minute ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

That should work, make sure the delay is the same length as your adhan and add 10 seconds on top of that just incase there’s ever a delay.

I also use the snapshot driver to restore zones back to their original state before the Adhan.

Thanks
M

Yes it 20 seconds and 25 seconds for Fajr, I will ask my dealer for the snapshot driver, many thanks for getting this up and running after 2 years, it started by your idea 😀

Yes it 20 seconds and 25 seconds for Fajr, I will ask my dealer for the snapshot driver, many thanks for getting this up and running after 2 years, it started by your idea

Love that for you!
Glad I could be of assistance

Thanks
M

Automated Garburator. Don't want to touch button with dirty hands. Can control it with voice commands. Did 4 sec timer for it (so need to turn it on only). My wife started to use and she likes it.

Last week I installed Sonoff strip lights in the kids rooms as hidden ceiling light along with @david@berto.co.uk IoT Dimmer driver. I already have Schedule It driver from @Cinegration for each family member syncing with his/her Gmail calendar. When the "Good Night" button is pressed on the room's keypad it turns off all the light and turn on the strip hidden light to level 1 as night light, it will change the color to light blue, if there is an online class next day it will change the color to light yellow.

So far today

Picture attached

Happy automating!!

Thanks
M

IMG_3242.thumb.jpg.151e03b3bcf2450da75bdb5cb5c2f360.jpg

Can you share a bit on how HomeKit is set up and degree of difficulty?
Thanks,
Jeff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.