C4 Forums | Control4

What Did You Automate Today?

Can you share a bit on how HomeKit is set up and degree of difficulty?
Thanks,
Jeff

It’s not difficult at all

There are a few pre requisites
1. Berto IOT hub this can be installed on a raspberry pi or Linux machine
2. Premium subscription from berto it’s a yearly fee

Once you have those two you, just install the Berto cloud driver get yourself registered then install the IOT gateway driver, select what you want to expose to HomeKit. It will then generate a HomeKit pin code. You then set up HomeKit as normal.

Pretty straight forward

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/6/2020 at 2:50 PM, mujtaba.khokhar said:

You don’t need any additional drivers. I’ve managed just to do with the announcement agent built in.

Alan has also added more locals you can select plus you can now adjust the times with an increment to get them more correct to your local time. 

would be more than happy in assisting you to get this setup for you. 
PM me  

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkScreenshot 2020-06-06 at 19.48.22.png

Need help guys. I had similar driver installed for Azan. It works well but only issues is that control 4 announcements are limited to 10 or 15 sec only so Azan stops after that time . Is there a way to increase the announcement length so it plays the full Azan

Need help guys. I had similar driver installed for Azan. It works well but only issues is that control 4 announcements are limited to 10 or 15 sec only so Azan stops after that time . Is there a way to increase the announcement length so it plays the full Azan

Sent you a PM

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a few months back, but I installed a Motion Sensor at our Front Door, since that is where most of our Amazon and other Deliveries take place, and typically they don't knock or ring the bell.  Using a text to voice engine I found on the web, I created an mp3 file: "Someone is at the front door.  Someone is at the front door."

So when motion there is detected, I programmed a few actions:

• The T3 in our Family Room, where we tend to hang out, brings up the Front Door Camera (using the DS2 Mini present there)
  • An announcement is made on the T3: "Someone is at the front door.  Someone is at the front door."
  • An email is sent to me, with a camera snapshot from the DS2 Mini.

Nothing fancy or elaborate but I really like having this in place.

Occasionally the dog next door will check out the front porch and trigger a false positive, but that doesn't happen often.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:03 AM, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Samsung 55 inch commercial displays with a 1.7mm bezel combined

Which displays are those? 4k hdr? Ip control. Are you using JAP or something else?

I like the idea of 2 H x 4W as then can have central 2x2 and  4 other flanking shows..sports bar

Ive been trying to plan it with a central 75 or 85" set and 4 flanking monitors but cannot get the bezels to link up to have one giant screen. 

8 minutes ago, ERDrPC said:

Which displays are those? 4k hdr? Ip control. Are you using JAP or something else?

Model number: LH55UMHHLBB/EN 

Commercial displays is a different breed of TVs, their sole purpose is to be on all the time. 

The displays have no bulit in speakers, No HDR, No 4k, no smart apps just RS232 and IP control with Samsungs UDM protocol. 

Im using Wyrestrom HD over IP

11 minutes ago, ERDrPC said:

I like the idea of 2 H x 4W as then can have central 2x2 and  4 other flanking shows..sports bar

This is really easy to do with Wyrestorm, you just create video wall displays in the software and setup scenes and just recall them, full support for Control4 and other control systems. 

also all sources fed to the TVs were 4K - Wyrestorm RX has scaling built in. When the video wall is displaying a large image across all 4 displays then the resolution adds up to 

Thanks 

M

29 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Looks really great. Do you mix audio sometimes so you hear the audio from more than one source playing in the grid? Like 2 and 3 have audio while 1 and 4 are muted?

Audio from the source, Cable or Satellite TV I believe.

30 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Looks really great. Do you mix audio sometimes so you hear the audio from more than one source playing in the grid? Like 2 and 3 have audio while 1 and 4 are muted?

usualy yeah i would do or i take audio from source and play through ceiling speakers. 

but customer only either watches tv on bottom left tv or on all 4, so i have a hidden sound-bar connected to the audio out from the Bottom left TV

The office also has a sitting area with and 85 inch tv and a LG soundbar lol 

when the tv is on the bottom left, the other 3 show either CCTV from his offices around the world or financial charts

Thanks 

M

Today I made some custom buttons and automated for the cleaners. When they arrive put in their code to the door lock on garage it will turn off the alarm, send a push notifying us, turn on all the lights, start their favorite Pandora station. Then added custom button for if I'm sleeping after an overnight shift; makes it so master bed lights don't come on, announcements are muted, and the normal music they listen to doesn't come through any zones near the master, master blinds don't go up. Similar for wife with a working button for when she works from home on Tues and Wed so she isn't interrupted. When they leave they hit the lock button on door and depending on custom buttons most all lights will go off, shades down, alarm rearm, push to notify they are leaving. 

• 2 weeks later...

I added a pandora driver for each room where I have audio endpoints.  I have keypads in those rooms so I have the music button now tied to the room control driver that is pointed at the specific Pandora instance for that room.  Something I should have done a long time ago.

I also used the Advanced Lighting Timer driver to sync up 2 motion sensors and 1 door sensor in my kitchen to put the nights on in the evenings.  I may look at the ambient light driver to add to those so I can program off the ambient light vs just the time of day.  With this Lighting driver working I plan on re-doing a few older programming areas where I have 2 sensors in sync with tons of programming and it is still a bit wonky - this driver makes it super easy.

Just programmed all the TVs I want to on doorbell press snapshot room, pause room, if dark turn on certain lights, show front door camera for 20 seconds, then snapshot back to how it was. Also if nest CO or Smokes go off to open all shades, (for CO to open garages and turn on bathroom fan vents), unlock doors, turn off hvac, turn on lights inside, flash outside, and if CO not cancelled by triple tapping top button on a keypad after 5 min will call FD through alarm system. I'll probably create a custom button to disable this as well. I have 4 alarm company detectors then nest protects in all bedrooms, alarm system fire are already tied into alarm so I didn't program fire to call FD. Oh and all TVs come on w all cameras showing. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:24 PM, eggzlot said:

I added a pandora driver for each room where I have audio endpoints.  I have keypads in those rooms so I have the music button now tied to the room control driver that is pointed at the specific Pandora instance for that room.  Something I should have done a long time ago.

I also used the Advanced Lighting Timer driver to sync up 2 motion sensors and 1 door sensor in my kitchen to put the nights on in the evenings.  I may look at the ambient light driver to add to those so I can program off the ambient light vs just the time of day.  With this Lighting driver working I plan on re-doing a few older programming areas where I have 2 sensors in sync with tons of programming and it is still a bit wonky - this driver makes it super easy.

Curious - why a Pandora driver for each room?

37 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Curious - why a Pandora driver for each room?

we have keypads in all rooms with audio, and there is a music button - that music button uses the c4 room control driver to randomly select 1 of 5 sources, of which are all pandora (its what my wife and I listen to, we never moved to Spotify or others).  so if we only had 1 pandora driver in the project, and I was listening to XYZ in the kitchen on pandora, and my wife goes into the gym and his "music" on the keypad, i would lose my pandora in the kitchen - whatever the keypad randomly chose for my wife in the gym would play in the gym and and now for me in the kitchen.  this way if she is in another room and hits the music keypad, the music stays local to her.  each room only has 1 pandora driver visible to it, but i can still join rooms so if Pandora Gym was playing and I wanted to add the patio to it, I could still add the patio to Pandora Gym even though if I go into the Patio room, enter listen, I do not see Pandora gym (but I do see Pandora Patio).  So if we want to link zones we just do it through the c4 interface vs a button.  I am sure I could get more complex and do a double tap on the keypad to join an existing stream - maybe that is for another slow weekend.

Just programmed all the TVs I want to on doorbell press snapshot room, pause room, if dark turn on certain lights, show front door camera for 20 seconds, then snapshot back to how it was. Also if nest CO or Smokes go off to open all shades, (for CO to open garages and turn on bathroom fan vents), unlock doors, turn off hvac, turn on lights inside, flash outside, and if CO not cancelled by triple tapping top button on a keypad after 5 min will call FD through alarm system. I'll probably create a custom button to disable this as well. I have 4 alarm company detectors then nest protects in all bedrooms, alarm system fire are already tied into alarm so I didn't program fire to call FD. Oh and all TVs come on w all cameras showing. 

I have programming for my Nest Protects too, I’m hoping they add support them in the new driver before I am forced to migrate to a Google account.

4 hours ago, eggzlot said:

we have keypads in all rooms with audio, and there is a music button - that music button uses the c4 room control driver to randomly select 1 of 5 sources, of which are all pandora (its what my wife and I listen to, we never moved to Spotify or others).  so if we only had 1 pandora driver in the project, and I was listening to XYZ in the kitchen on pandora, and my wife goes into the gym and his "music" on the keypad, i would lose my pandora in the kitchen - whatever the keypad randomly chose for my wife in the gym would play in the gym and and now for me in the kitchen.  this way if she is in another room and hits the music keypad, the music stays local to her.  each room only has 1 pandora driver visible to it, but i can still join rooms so if Pandora Gym was playing and I wanted to add the patio to it, I could still add the patio to Pandora Gym even though if I go into the Patio room, enter listen, I do not see Pandora gym (but I do see Pandora Patio).  So if we want to link zones we just do it through the c4 interface vs a button.  I am sure I could get more complex and do a double tap on the keypad to join an existing stream - maybe that is for another slow weekend.

This is pretty much my setup although I use multiple Tidal drivers. In the kids rooms this links to their Tidal account and playlists. In all other rooms, a single tap links to a general account and playlist, a double tap links to my wife’s Tidal account and playlist and a triple tap links to mine. If we are playing music in another general area then single tap defaults to that Tidal account and playlist whereas press and forces what a single tap usually does.

Automated my Ooma landline.  Using @alanchow IFTTT driver - when I get an incoming call to my Ooma house phone, all Video gets paused and audio gets muted.  Going to leave it there for now - let people unmute/unpause individual zones.  Ooma doesnt have "when call ends" as an option in IFTTT, and my thought is if 1 person answers/talks on the phone that zone would stay paused/muted where others once they know the call isn't for them can resume their media consumption.

My wife uses Skytel VoIP for work at home, and I think my company is moving to Vonage.  Will start researching if I can do the same thing upon incoming calls using those services.  They do not have anything with IFTTT.  Could be clunky but maybe thinking an incoming call to a phone # creates a text in IFTTT and then use that text to trigger something?

I'm unable to integrate with my work calendar for security reasons but still wanted an easy way to mute my music in my office when I join a WebEx, zoom or teams meeting. while it would be awesome to have a driver that would know when you've joined any of those meeting platforms the easiest thing to do right now was to create an inbound IFTTT message. So I have a shortcut in my browser called join Meeting and when I click that it mutes the audio in my office so then I can join the WebEx. This appears to be faster than trying to find a remote or open an app since I'm already at the computer to join a meeting

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I'm unable to integrate with my work calendar for security reasons but still wanted an easy way to mute my music in my office when I join a WebEx, zoom or teams meeting. while it would be awesome to have a driver that would know when you've joined any of those meeting platforms the easiest thing to do right now was to create an inbound IFTTT message. So I have a shortcut in my browser called join Meeting and when I click that it mutes the audio in my office so then I can join the WebEx. This appears to be faster than trying to find a remote or open an app since I'm already at the computer to join a meeting

Suppose you could copy those meetings onto a non-secure calendar and do it w Shrivam's Google Calendar driver?

Suppose you could copy those meetings onto a non-secure calendar and do it w Shrivam's Google Calendar driver?

As I joined 20 plus meetings a day that would be way too much work and would violate my acceptable use policy of copying the content out of my work platform to another personally owned platform.

and I don't attend every medium I'm invited to. So copying them to another calendar wouldn't really tell me if I'm going to be present

• 2 weeks later...

I just got rid of all Xiaomi Zigbee buttons and Sockets and used beautiful RF buttons instead, nothing wrong with Xiaomi Zigbee, but it an isolated island with no integration to C4!

These new RF buttons are fabulous $4 a piece, 1, 2, 3 and 4 buttons in one tiny size, just amazing 😉 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.