C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 camera options

Dataguy

Currently have 12 cameras (all coax). Unable to pull Cat6 to half of the locations but would like to replace current DVR system and cameras. What would you recommend that integrates with my C4 system? Also don’t want to spend $10k. 

Ah that is a "loaded" question. Here is the snapshot (no pun intended).

* Control4 free driver - Only reads from primary stream so you must reduce the resolution to get the cameras to display on Navigators, which is not ideal if you want to record at max resolution. Can in some installations read from cameras connected to an NVR with virtual host enabled.

* Manfell (Blackwire $350 MSRP)  - support for NVR and DVR i.e. can read different channels and streams.

* Chowmain (DriverCentral $75 MSRP) - camera driver somewhat similar to Control4 driver but with more capabilities and can read from substream.

* My secret go-to NVR and DVR driver when all others fail (not giving it away but hint pricing is in BRL)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.