C4 Forums | Control4

Samer - help with container

dburton

Samer,

I tried the following and it didn't work. Am I missing something? Have you tested it?

1) Go into Agents -> Variables

2) Create a numeric container class called "Backyard_Source" or something similar

3) Put the C4 Amp variable "AUDIO_OUTPUT_03_INPUT" and "AUDIO_OUTPUT_04_INPUT" into the container.

4) Create another numerical container called "Backyard_Volume" or something similar

5) Put the C4 Amp variables "OUTPUT_03_VOLUME_LEVEL" and "OUTPUT_04_VOLUME_LEVEL" into the container.

No I did not test it. I will test it when I get into the office tomorrow.

Can you please elaborate on what the result is? Does it swap inputs but not track volume? Does it track neither of these two conditions? Would you be willing to post your project (obviously you would want to sanitise it before posting)?

It wouldn't track either container - for me. The project has speakers in the bedroom and bathroom. There is an MTP in the bedroom. They want the same music to play in both rooms. When I select a song using the MTP, it plays in the bedroom, but not the bathroom.

Did some testing. The volume container does actually track volume across the outputs, but the input container does not cause the inputs to change across all outputs. I tried to do it manually within programming and I coudln't get it to work that way.

I will need to do some more testing to see if I can find a work around.

Archived