achoudhary

TP-Link Kasa Smart 3-way dimming

It looks like Kasa Smart switches do not support dimming in 3-way configurations. How are you dimming your 3-way lights?

Wow. No responses.

I also need to know if Kasa 3-way switches work in situations with standard 3-way switches installed in more than 2 locations.

21 minutes ago, achoudhary said:

situations with standard 3-way switches installed in more than 2 locations.

Do you mean 4 way? Or?

I guess 4-way.

Kasa 3-way switch says 2 locations. I won’t be able to use it in 4-way situations?

Do Control4 switches work in 4-way installs?

@alanchow for sure knows best on this topic, but I'd imagine that any Kasa switch could be treated like a keypad to toggle power on any other Kasa switch. So while these can't be wired 4 way switches they could act like 4 way or n-way switches if the load is controlled by a smart switch.

50 minutes ago, Pounce said:

@alanchow for sure knows best on this topic, but I'd imagine that any Kasa switch could be treated like a keypad to toggle power on any other Kasa switch. So while these can't be wired 4 way switches they could act like 4 way or n-way switches if the load is controlled by a smart switch.

Cant do it as the TP-LINK protocol is a polled protocol.

This means that there will be a delay before you see anything happen.

15 minutes ago, achoudhary said:

Sad :(

Sorry friend. If you need cheap cheap smart switches your other option is anything that can be flashed with Tasmota. Lots out there.

Nah! I already have a bunch of old C4 switches I pulled when I moved. Will use those with some new Kasa switches.

I’m not spending $$$$ on all new C4 switches at this time. Just moved in 40 days ago.

Our Belkin Wemo driver though does have instant feedback and could possibly be used for this.  I haven't tried it myself though.

@alanchow or anyone else...

Can’t I simply add C4 keypads to the secondary locations in a 3-way or 4-way setup that trigger a Kasa Smart dimmer in the primary location?

(Obviously I would have to change the circuit and essentially make the 3/4-way setup a regular 2-way setup AND provide power to the keypads)

Thanks again!

19 hours ago, achoudhary said:

@alanchow or anyone else...

Can’t I simply add C4 keypads to the secondary locations in a 3-way or 4-way setup that trigger a Kasa Smart dimmer in the primary location?

(Obviously I would have to change the circuit and essentially make the 3/4-way setup a regular 2-way setup AND provide power to the keypads)

Thanks again!

Yes.