c4forums | The Control4 Community

TP-Link Kasa Smart 3-way dimming

AJ_

• 3 weeks later...

@alanchow for sure knows best on this topic, but I'd imagine that any Kasa switch could be treated like a keypad to toggle power on any other Kasa switch. So while these can't be wired 4 way switches they could act like 4 way or n-way switches if the load is controlled by a smart switch.

50 minutes ago, Pounce said:

@alanchow for sure knows best on this topic, but I'd imagine that any Kasa switch could be treated like a keypad to toggle power on any other Kasa switch. So while these can't be wired 4 way switches they could act like 4 way or n-way switches if the load is controlled by a smart switch.

Cant do it as the TP-LINK protocol is a polled protocol.

This means that there will be a delay before you see anything happen.

Nah! I already have a bunch of old C4 switches I pulled when I moved. Will use those with some new Kasa switches.

I’m not spending $$$$ on all new C4 switches at this time. Just moved in 40 days ago.

@alanchow or anyone else...

Can’t I simply add C4 keypads to the secondary locations in a 3-way or 4-way setup that trigger a Kasa Smart dimmer in the primary location?

(Obviously I would have to change the circuit and essentially make the 3/4-way setup a regular 2-way setup AND provide power to the keypads)

Thanks again!

19 hours ago, achoudhary said:

@alanchow or anyone else...

Can’t I simply add C4 keypads to the secondary locations in a 3-way or 4-way setup that trigger a Kasa Smart dimmer in the primary location?

(Obviously I would have to change the circuit and essentially make the 3/4-way setup a regular 2-way setup AND provide power to the keypads)

Thanks again!

Yes.  

• 6 months later...