C4 Forums | Control4

Android TV boxes

ILoveControl

Question

Hi all,

I have some TV's around the house and have these small Android TV Boxes that run Android 7.1 and above on these TV's. Now on my main TV's I have Nvidia Shields and it works perfectly with the IRUSB and the chowmain driver. 

The question is there any drivers to interact / control these cheap Android TV boxes? They all run Android TV.

6 answers to this question

16 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Hi all,

I have some TV's around the house and have these small Android TV Boxes that run Android 7.1 and above on these TV's. Now on my main TV's I have Nvidia Shields and it works perfectly with the IRUSB and the chowmain driver. 

The question is there any drivers to interact / control these cheap Android TV boxes? They all run Android TV.

Yes, Chowmain have an Android driver but require your Android box to be routed as they are using a LANRemote program to control it via IP, check DriverCentral.IO

7 hours ago, Amr said:

Yes, Chowmain have an Android driver but require your Android box to be routed as they are using a LANRemote program to control it via IP, check DriverCentral.IO

Typo there. Android boxes need to be rooted. Most of them seem to be rooted. The downside to a rooted Android TV box is that some of the better apps wont run on them.

Can I give you my final opinion and experience around this, cheap Android boxes are shit and trash and won’t work, user experience is so bad as you can’t use it normally; at least I couldn’t, it’s like a phones OS flashed for a TV box!

My 2 cents grab a true Android TV box that support Google TV OS like Xiaomi/IRsub!! Period!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.