C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access Motion Detectors

ILoveC4

Card Access currently has 3 sku's for everything right now...

- 1 SKU is v1 hardware (currently shipping)

- 1 SKU is v2 hardware (some is shipping - some is not (like motions are not)) - this is Embernet (1.7.3 and older) product - BUT - it is upgradable to Zigbee Pro via a software update (free).

- 1 SKU is Zigbee Pro hardware (csome is shipping - some is not (like motions are not)) - this will ONLY work in 1.8 and newer projects.

We have switched out all our inventory for the new v2 hardware so we can decide when to push a customer up to Zigbee Pro - this just occured this week, however, and yes, I am a little disappointed in Card Access for not announcing v2 hardware 6 months (or even a year ago)!! From what I understand v2 hardware has more memory space to allow the upgrade.

Also - a new VERY IMPORTANT thing to know moving forward with Card Access: starting with Zigbee Pro (1.8 and newer) ONLY Contact Relay's can be used as Zigbee repeaters! This is NOT the fault of Card Access, but actually the fault of the Zigbee Pro specification. It appears the specification only allows ONE TYPE of device driver for a given device. In the older protocal Card Access could have two different profiles for a device - one "on battery" and one "powered by AC". Now - they can't do this any longer - so they have to choose one or the other - and since battery is the most common use for contact sensors - that's what gets picked. That being said, Card Access is doing an exchange from v1 to v2 & Zigbee Pro hardware and swapping out contact sensors and upgrading them to contact relays for no extra charge (you just pay the cost to get it upgraded). So they've done the right thing here to try and help out.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would throw out there that these are still for sale!!! I sold a few of the to two different forum members, so if anyone needs feedback to validate this, please let me know and I can email you the user id's of the people that purchased.

They are skew WMS10-2, meaning they are currently running embernet (1.7.3 and older), but ARE software upgradeable to Zigbee Pro when that releases.

• 1 month later...

Archived