C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm Monitoring

I have DSC alarm equipment tied into Control 4 and the phone connection is landline. The system is not currently monitored. I need to have the system professionally monitored for an insurance discount. What company are you guys using for remote monitoring? I'm looking for a DIY solution where I set it up on my end instead of a tech coming out.

Thanks!

As far as I know all of the DIY alarm systems use their own hardware ie simply safe, ring etc.  The fact that you already have a DSC panel it probably just makes sense to suck it up and have a company come out and get you set up on monitoring.  To tie that panel to a monitoring station with a standard phone line you'd need to find a monitoring station willing to let you configure your own stuff which sounds like a lot of liability on their end.

as mstafford388 already mentioned most if not all professional monitoring service providers will not allow DIY 100%, now that's not to say you cant not setup the system exactly as you want prior to them coming in to test and configure their monitoring settings (phone number or IP along with your assigned account number) thus potentially saving you tons of money in elevated price options and additional runs if you require changes to your existing system.

As for recommendations for said monitoring company it would be useful if you listed what country you are in as monitoring companies are not typically international and will not monitor out of their country. 

29 minutes ago, Jfizzle said:

Thanks @OceanDad, I will check them out.

@vstarI'm in Texas, USA. Thanks.

Since you're in Texas, another 1 to check out is Smith Thompson.  They monitor my DSC alarm.  No contracts and they included the cellular module.  I've added contact sensors, glass break detectors and touch panels that they monitor.

4 hours ago, Jfizzle said:

I have DSC alarm equipment tied into Control 4 and the phone connection is landline. The system is not currently monitored. I need to have the system professionally monitored for an insurance discount. What company are you guys using for remote monitoring? I'm looking for a DIY solution where I set it up on my end instead of a tech coming out.

Thanks!

Found these guys when I got tired of cost creep.

https://www.geoarm.com

7 hours ago, SY3 said:

Since you're in Texas, another 1 to check out is Smith Thompson.  They monitor my DSC alarm.  No contracts and they included the cellular module.  I've added contact sensors, glass break detectors and touch panels that they monitor.

Was going to post the same thing.  I use them as well. At their prices for cellular monitoring, it was a no brainer to pay for the service. 

https://smiththompson.com/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.