C4 Forums | Control4

Triad Matrix Integration

Time2Jet

I acquired a Triad 8x8 matrix from a forum member recently and had a perfect home for it on one of my projects, but started to think that I really need to do C4 audio in my home finally.  The problem is I am 90% Sonos invested, and 90% of that is Wireless Sonos speakers (versus Sonos Ports or Amps  - but I also have a few of each of those in my system).  Any thoughts about whether I could accomplish this?

if you sold the sonos speakers, purchased in ceiling speakers, purchased multi channel/room amps then yes you could accomplish it.  Is the cost worth it?  I dunno.  You could use Native C4 streaming services and also Sonos Ports.  

Do you have more than 8 audio zones or 8 inputs?  if so, then its going to get sticky quick.

ok

do you want to get amps, hardwire speakers, etc?

you'll get better coverage in rooms with in ceiling speakers vs a Play speaker on a shelf.  You'll get better native experience within C4 using only 1 app.

Drawbacks are taking a loss on your current hardware, cost to buy/install new hardware, etc

5 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

ok

do you want to get amps, hardwire speakers, etc?

you'll get better coverage in rooms with in ceiling speakers vs a Play speaker on a shelf.  You'll get better native experience within C4 using only 1 app.

Drawbacks are taking a loss on your current hardware, cost to buy/install new hardware, etc

@eggzlot I don't necessarily want to ditch Sonos, but I love the features of C4 audio matrixing.  I made a Sonos commitment a few years ago and now just invested in the the new Sonos ARC's, Fives and Gen3 Subs for some secondary zones and hate to ditch all of that.  I'm fairly doubtful this can work, but I thought I'd ask.  I was thinking that I could add a "Port" per output Zone, but then that would get sort of complicated I think (ie Calling each one a "Zone", but having Sonos already in that "Zone").  I need to dig in a little further.  The cost of adding a Port per output is ridiculous (I own 2 already, but 4 more, even at my dealer cost would be expensive and wasteful).  

5 hours ago, time2jet said:

@eggzlot I don't necessarily want to ditch Sonos, but I love the features of C4 audio matrixing.  I made a Sonos commitment a few years ago and now just invested in the the new Sonos ARC's, Fives and Gen3 Subs for some secondary zones and hate to ditch all of that.  I'm fairly doubtful this can work, but I thought I'd ask.  I was thinking that I could add a "Port" per output Zone, but then that would get sort of complicated I think (ie Calling each one a "Zone", but having Sonos already in that "Zone").  I need to dig in a little further.  The cost of adding a Port per output is ridiculous (I own 2 already, but 4 more, even at my dealer cost would be expensive and wasteful).  

As others asked - what do you love about c4 matrix that you aren’t getting with sonos?

I want to be able to never pick up an 3rd party app just the C4 Remotes, Touchpads, or OSD, press Listen, select a service, search for music and play it anywhere. Not all of my zones are complete and I want to use passive speakers (bathrooms, patio, garage) to be able to have music follow us. I can stick with Sonos and add Sonos amps. I was trying to do a real matrix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.