C4 Forums | Control4

Roku Direct WiFi Network

DLite

Question

While running a wifi scan, I noticed that my two Roku devices are each broadcasting their own wifi network, and each network is being broadcast on the same 5GHz channel as the access point in our network that is closest to the Roku devices.  After some googling, I gathered these were the Roku Direct Wifi Networks associated with each device, and that the Rokus are designed to broadcast on the same channel as my own network and to match the signal strength of the nearest access point broadcasting that channel.

I found this design kind of head-scratching, so maybe I am missing something.  My question is:  Does this create interference on that particular 5GHz channel of our network? And if so, is there anything I can do about it?  My googling suggested that changing the AP's channel will just cause the Roku to switch to the new channel.  

(My Rokus are both connected via wired ethernet, and I used IP control via the Control4 driver to control them.)

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.