C4 Forums | Control4

Graphing variables

South Africa C4 user

Question

It would be nice to have a Driver with the ability to poll 4 or 5 selected variables at a chosen interval (minute, hour or day at a chosen time) and store the data and then provide a graph for the data over a chosen period (in hours, days or even months). 

Is there anything like this out there that anyone is aware of?

8 answers to this question

On 6/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, C4 User said:

This would be a great driver. Janus has a driver that does this for Thermostats and related inputs. Would be nice to have a similar driver for generic variable inputs.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Janus.  I had my dealer download their driver and I must say that it is extremely impressive! My general thoughts on their driver:

1. It emphasizes the need for a new Touchscreen with better processing power.

2. I would love to see it include V1 thermostats and not just V2 (although one can program around that).

3. It now includes power monitoring (on one platform) but it would be nice to extend this beyond one monitoring system.  In my case, I would like to see eGauge supported or generic support that allows one to tie Control4 variables in for monitoring (graphing purposes).

4. It now includes water usage monitoring (on one platform) but it would be nice to extend this beyond one monitoring system.  In my case, I would like to see Flo by Moen supported or generic support that allows one to tie Control4 variables in for monitoring (graphing purposes).

This is, arguably, the most extensive use of the web interface that I have seen any driver make use of but this does highlight the challenge in terms of 1 above.  I have reached out to the developers and made the above (and a few other) comments (not point 1 as this is a Control4 issue and after 5 years we must be due a new Touchscreen!). It will be interesting to see how responsive the developers are...

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Janus.  I had my dealer download their driver and I must say that it is extremely impressive! My general thoughts on their driver:
1. It emphasizes the need for a new Touchscreen with better processing power.
2. I would love to see it include V1 thermostats and not just V2 (although one can program around that).
3. It now includes power monitoring (on one platform) but it would be nice to extend this beyond one monitoring system.  In my case, I would like to see eGauge supported or generic support that allows one to tie Control4 variables in for monitoring (graphing purposes).
4. It now includes water usage monitoring (on one platform) but it would be nice to extend this beyond one monitoring system.  In my case, I would like to see Flo by Moen supported or generic support that allows one to tie Control4 variables in for monitoring (graphing purposes).
This is, arguably, the most extensive use of the web interface that I have seen any driver make use of but this does highlight the challenge in terms of 1 above.  I have reached out to the developers and made the above (and a few other) comments (not point 1 as this is a Control4 issue and after 5 years we must be due a new Touchscreen!). It will be interesting to see how responsive the developers are...
I doubt it's the processing power limiting to show graphs - the T3 should be able to display whole fully packed web pages via HTML5.

On 6/28/2020 at 6:10 AM, C4 User said:

This would be a great driver. Janus has a driver that does this for Thermostats and related inputs.

On 7/5/2020 at 8:40 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Janus.

Does this program, Janus BMS Monitor,  have the capability of graphing temperature and humidity?

1 hour ago, JR2 said:

Does this program, Janus BMS Monitor,  have the capability of graphing temperature and humidity?

Yes, it is a phenomenal powerful driver that has developed significantly over the last 6 months. It can graph temperature, humidity, electricity usage and water usage amongst other things. 

20 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Yes, it is a phenomenal powerful driver that has developed significantly over the last 6 months. It can graph temperature, humidity, electricity usage and water usage amongst other things. 

Thank you.  I need to track and keep an eye on the indoor humidity in my overseas vacation home.  

54 minutes ago, JR2 said:

Thank you.  I need to track and keep an eye on the indoor humidity in my overseas vacation home.  

This is exactly what I use it for and it works like a charm. One thing to be aware of is that the driver is a webview driver so can be accessed from a T3 but not the iOS App.  It can be accessed from an iPad / iPhone or any web interface as long as you on the same local network.  Thus, if you are using it to monitor a vacation home (as I do), you need a VPN in order to get access to the graphs. 

I have it working beautifully to measure indoor and outdoor humidity - see below:

C7C351A9-3BAB-4668-93F3-D1928DB8D003.jpeg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.