C4 Forums | Control4

Navigator display

nwanerka

Question

11 answers to this question

I am using the latest version 3.1.x and using a brand new 7" touch screen

That is a shame that they got rid of this. I sold a system the other day and the home owners bought it on the fact that they love the look of the gui. The one with the icons in a circle like i posted. I don't know how I am going to explain that control4 changed it and we can't go backwards. Why change to a boring gui that they have now? The look of the gui was there main buying point. I know it sounds crazy but people like what they like. Now what ?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I am very new as I just got certified 3 weeks ago. I have done urc for many years and was able to customize the gui any way you could think of. I make no qwams about being new at control4 and did not hid that from my customers. I have an amazing reputation in my town for being a great electrical contractor and home Automator so people trust me because I at times brutally honest

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

On 6/29/2020 at 6:32 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Hmmm... I liked the circle in its day but OS3 is much superior in every way.  Feel free to downgrade if you wish.

I know you have 3 setups for 3 houses with C4 do you use one App and just switch Homes? Of course you use 3 different emails, one for each house?

27 minutes ago, Amr said:

I know you have 3 setups for 3 houses with C4 do you use one App and just switch Homes? Of course you use 3 different emails, one for each house?

2 setups at 2 homes 😀

I use 2 e-mail addresses and, unfortunately have to pay 4sight licence fees twice...

That said, with that setup, I use one app and one can switch homes from the settings menu.

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

2 setups at 2 homes 😀

I use 2 e-mail addresses and, unfortunately have to pay 4sight licence fees twice...

That said, with that setup, I use one app and one can switch homes from the settings menu.

That’s ridiculous for 4sight! To be frank, it’s totally useless for me, never ever worked for blocking C4 OpenVPN call home, I will never renew, as for the switching, not ideal but not a deal breaker either ...

Just now, Amr said:

That’s ridiculous for 4sight! To be frank, it’s totally useless for me, never ever worked for blocking C4 OpenVPN call home, I will never renew, as for the switching, not ideal but not a deal breaker either ...

For the Summer house I will use EA1 with 260, so OS3 app will be used 😀 now switching then ...

15 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Why is paying for 4sight for 2 homes ridiculous? 4sight is a per home charge...

For me it is, it doesn’t work so it’s ridiculous, not C4 fault, I have my own VPN setup and I don’t use native Alexa so I will pass from 2022!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.