C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Driver

Quick question... if we have added Apple music to sonos, will the sonos driver or sonos connect automatically pick it up? I ask because it hasn't 

It’s working properly in the Sonos native app? I’m not sure what more you’re looking for the C4 driver to do? It’s not a great interface. Favorites and Playlists, no searching or selecting of services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, time2jet said:

It’s working properly in the Sonos native app? I’m not sure what more you’re looking for the C4 driver to do? It’s not a great interface. Favorites and Playlists, no searching or selecting of services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. I just want to add it to my listen list. We are okay to use the sonos app but need a way to select it quickly from listen. 

Right now my sonos is for Sirius as I'm located in Canada but have a US sirius account. If someone could tell me that I can use a sirius USA account with native c4 sirius then that would be a great surprise. 

Yes it is. I just want to add it to my listen list. We are okay to use the sonos app but need a way to select it quickly from listen. 
Right now my sonos is for Sirius as I'm located in Canada but have a US sirius account. If someone could tell me that I can use a sirius USA account with native c4 sirius then that would be a great surprise. 
There is no way to do this. You cannot put Sonos services on the control for listen menu any longer

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:
1 hour ago, ERDrPC said:

There is no way to do this. You cannot put Sonos services on the control for listen menu any longer

so that's why my listen says sirius but it goes thru sonos. It's been renamed. Do you think I could have a second instance of the sonos driver but rename it in listen as Apple music? 

one good thing - SiriusXM add music driver will allow the US stream in Canada!!

Now...I can change Sonos from SIrius XM to Apple music. I need it almost like an experience button but a listen option. There must be a way to have it as a listen source. I understand that once I chose it, I will have to switch over to the sonos app to control apple music itself. 

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Add music driver uses c4 native steaming. Nothing with Sonos

Exactly.... Now my sonos can be dedicated to Apple music. All I would like is an easy way to select it in the listen menu. We would use the sonos app itself for controlling content selection 

8 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Now...I can change Sonos from SIrius XM to Apple music. I need it almost like an experience button but a listen option. There must be a way to have it as a listen source. I understand that once I chose it, I will have to switch over to the sonos app to control apple music itself. 

If your going to use the app why do you want to select it 1st via C4? Just use the app in the 1st place. If configured properly c4 will know it’s playing so can still use volume buttons etc through  C4.

13 hours ago, tdougray said:

If your going to use the app why do you want to select it 1st via C4? Just use the app in the 1st place. If configured properly c4 will know it’s playing so can still use volume buttons etc through  C4.

I will have to look at this. It's much easier for my family to chose listen thru C4 for a zone then go to the sonos app to control apple music

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.