C4 Forums | Control4

Sunbrite TV volume

We have the sunbrite veranda 4k hdr tv. 

We have two issues. 

1. Volume control. We have the IP driver. Using the sr-260 we can only get the volume up/down to respond 15% of the time. Anyone else have issues with it? My integrator wants to change to the IR driver but then I lose 2-way feedback. I only want IP controlled TVs. 

2. 4k not displaying with Netflix. I have roku ultra into a JAP system. Prime and plex play 4k30 hdr. Mind you its 4k30 hdr due to JAP limitations.  When using netflix we can only watch at 1080p. I have a 4k account.  It shows HDR tag but not UHD tag. 

1. With the volume control have you tried changing the volume from the Control4 app to see if it’s any different? It could be a zigbee issue? Or network? Hard to really say at this point. If IP isn’t working for you, you could always try serial.

2. Sounds like EDID or a Handshake error. I’m guessing you have TVs that are non 4K too? What you need is a device that re does the edid handshake every time a 4K tv is selected so the proper info can be obtained. Ask your installer to check the JAP settings too.

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are Sunbrite TVs worth the premium? 

I have a TV in my pool cabana with an arm that extends outside the cabana.  When not in use it is stored inside the cabana and out of the elements.  It isn't exposed to rain but can be exposed to bugs, etc.

I have generally just used regular TVs and turned up the brightness.  There seems to be quite a premium for their TVs.

Honestly...not convinced. I've also done the cheap TV outside for years. I got the full shade (cheapest series) thinking my gazebo would provide enough shade but the sunlight leaks in and creates glare. It's on a swivel arm so I can kinda troubleshoot it. 

I have a Sunbrite first gen Veranda (pre ip control for the series) and a second outdoor brand Seura. The Sunbrite works good, but yes there is a glare. The biggest issue I have is after the TV is running for awhile the IR won’t turn off the TV and I have to hit the power button. It will do everything else but power off. Tried a bunch of things and finally just gave up. 

I had bought the 2nd Gen Veranda (Ip control) for another outdoor location, but the volume output was horrible. I’d have to put it on 100% to hear it. Called Sunbrite and they sent me a free soundbar, which made zero difference, so I returned the whole thing and bought the Seura. Seura basically has the same interface as the Sunbrite, but just feels cheapier in comparison. The interface is also much slower on the Seura, but their sound bar is more powerful although only slightly. 

In hind site I wish I would of just bought one of those outdoor cases and put a regular TV in it that I just replace every few years. Although if I could have still purchased a first gen Sunbrite for my second location, I’d probably be a little happier overall than what I have now or the second gen Sunbrite I tried. 

7 hours ago, Topfox said:

I have a Sunbrite first gen Veranda (pre ip control for the series) and a second outdoor brand Seura. The Sunbrite works good, but yes there is a glare. The biggest issue I have is after the TV is running for awhile the IR won’t turn off the TV and I have to hit the power button. It will do everything else but power off. Tried a bunch of things and finally just gave up. 

I had bought the 2nd Gen Veranda (Ip control) for another outdoor location, but the volume output was horrible. I’d have to put it on 100% to hear it. Called Sunbrite and they sent me a free soundbar, which made zero difference, so I returned the whole thing and bought the Seura. Seura basically has the same interface as the Sunbrite, but just feels cheapier in comparison. The interface is also much slower on the Seura, but their sound bar is more powerful although only slightly. 

In hind site I wish I would of just bought one of those outdoor cases and put a regular TV in it that I just replace every few years. Although if I could have still purchased a first gen Sunbrite for my second location, I’d probably be a little happier overall than what I have now or the second gen Sunbrite I tried. 

Sometimes if an IR flasher is in direct sunlight they don't work.  Try one of those little flasher hood things or put some black tape over to test. 

6 hours ago, mstafford388 said:

Sometimes if an IR flasher is in direct sunlight they don't work.  Try one of those little flasher hood things or put some black tape over to test. 

Thanks. I have the IR attached to the IR in the closed rear compartment. I covered the front IRs as well, as I read if light goes into the front ones it could also affect the rear IR function. It’s weird that it only affects Power Off function, and only after the TV has been in awhile. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.