C4 Forums | Control4

Garage Door Sensor Image to toggle Relay

So when I got my Z2io w garage remote and 2 Nyce sensors installed (Thanks again Ari!) I can toggle the doors fine and the door state is good. Only issue is the Doors show in my garage and show door state but to toggle I have to have a separate relay image favorited and that toggles the door. Not the end of the world but pushing on the garage door to toggle the relay would be most ideal. Any way to set this up?

Screenshot_20200709-181954_Control4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, good question - I don't know the answer, however I wonder if you would need to use something like an experience button.

This would allow a button click and can provide on screen feed back.
I've not used experience buttons, but would assume you would then remove the sensor and relay from your favourites and just have the button visible.

You need to use the 'Relay Garage Door Controller (OS 2.9+)' driver.  It's in the Composer database, no need to purchase.  Does exactly what you want, allowing you to bind the Z2IO relays and open/close the garage door by touching the door icon.  No need for separate relay icons.  Also has some useful features like 'still open time' that you can program off.  This just makes it easier to set up push messaging/actions for when the door has remained open for a set time period.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.