C4 Forums | Control4

Tidal Playlist Integration

ejn1

10 hours ago, mstafford388 said:

You can program keypads to start Tidal playlists right in the Tidal driver itself and chose which room or rooms you want it to play in.  It's very simple. 

Thanks again,  was an easy addition.    This must be a somewhat new feature in the programming variables as can't recall seeing it about a year or so ago when I tried to program.  

• 6 months later...

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it.  Is it possible to select 5 specific Tidal playlists to use with the Preset Cycler in Room Control ?  Doesn't appear to give an option to do this after selecting TIDAL as the preset.  Does Room Control just use the first 5 playlists in the TIDAL account, or is it something else that I'm missing ?

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it.  Is it possible to select 5 specific Tidal playlists to use with the Preset Cycler in Room Control ?  Doesn't appear to give an option to do this after selecting TIDAL as the preset.  Does Room Control just use the first 5 playlists in the TIDAL account, or is it something else that I'm missing ?

Thanks.

You can select a specific playlist...  I have 3 Playlists programmed for one button.   As I cycle the button it changes to the next playlist and the button led changes color as well...

3 hours ago, OceanDad said:

Is that being done in programming, or is it using the Preset Cycler ?  I can't see any way to 'nominate' playlists for use by the Preset Cycler in the way that you would for Tune In stations.

Programming...   I link to a button press

11 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Room Control Driver should do that in device setting you set what press 1 does, presa again does, etc. Even has room off any backwards cycling. 

I tried to make this work also but couldn't figure it out with the Tidal Playlists.   I could've been doing something wrong but just reverting to simple programming and has worked solid since.  

I use the Room Control driver and program against the preset changing (simpler code than the above) and creates more flexibility.

I have also added the Domosapiems Keypad Audio Enhancement Driver (I think I have the name right) which adds additional cool features to the Room Control Driver.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to search for user created playlists from within the TIDAL driver ?  When I select playlists from the dropdown in programming, it only searches the TIDAL catalog - nothing user created appears.  There doesn't appear to be any way to do this, but I might be missing something.

9 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Is there a way to search for user created playlists from within the TIDAL driver ?  When I select playlists from the dropdown in programming, it only searches the TIDAL catalog - nothing user created appears.  There doesn't appear to be any way to do this, but I might be missing something.

Yes there is.  It is a bit messy and I don’t claim to understand the logic! In the C4 app, there are 2 sets of playlists.  “playlists” and “playlists created by me”.  I honestly cannot recall which is which.  One of these will be playlists you created in Tidal.  You then need to add these to your library in the C4 app.  As soon as you have done that, the playlist will appear in both places and be available for programming against.

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Yes there is.  It is a bit messy and I don’t claim to understand the logic! In the C4 app, there are 2 sets of playlists.  “playlists” and “playlists created by me”.  I honestly cannot recall which is which.  One of these will be playlists you created in Tidal.  You then need to add these to your library in the C4 app.  As soon as you have done that, the playlist will appear in both places and be available for programming against.

You nailed it - thank you, it works just fine.  You win my Friday star prize giveaway.  It's a large box of HC200/250's and assorted broken SR 250/260's.  Shipping not included.

😏

On 2/10/2021 at 9:11 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

I use the Room Control driver and program against the preset changing (simpler code than the above) and creates more flexibility.

You nailed it twice - this is definitely the easiest way to manage the presets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.