C4 Forums | Control4

Awesome new feature in Chowmain Generic TCP Driver

I just wanted to point out to everyone that @alanchow has made an addition to this driver to allow you to send info to Control4 by hitting a web URL.  This is revolutionary as it allows you to send information to Control4 from other systems or other APIs.  In the past this was not easy to do other than using @RyanE's WebEvents driver.  There are endless applications for this.  Thanks Alan!

I just wanted to point out to everyone that @alanchow has made an addition to this driver to allow you to send info to Control4 by hitting a web URL.  This is revolutionary as it allows you to send information to Control4 from other systems or other APIs.  In the past this was not easy to do other than using @RyanE's WebEvents driver.  There are endless applications for this.  Thanks Alan!

How about a use case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, Amr said:

Any system that have an open API Webhooks ...

fixed that for you.

Also, firing an event from any device that can do http... like simply a web favorite in a browser or desktop shortcut.

Amr refers maybe to the fact the fact that Tasmota can do a websend custom HTTP event in addition to using MQTT. You could potentially integrate any tasmota device without MQTT.

11 minutes ago, Pounce said:

fixed that for you.

Also, firing an event from any device that can do http... like simply a web favorite in a browser or desktop shortcut.

Amr refers maybe to the fact the fact that Tasmota can do a websend custom HTTP event in addition to using MQTT. You could potentially integrate any tasmota device without MQTT.

Spot on, you can easily control these devices with this driver, lots of programing of course instead buying the ready drivers from Berto, T4 Control, etc.

Am thinking of getting this driver or T4’s driver to control some WiFi lighting in my summer house, not much but doable😀 

Tasmota is a fact and there are 1000’s of devices out there and it’s growing at phenomenal rate, it won’t be supported by C4; only through the brave work of Alan, David, Et al. ...

14 hours ago, cdepaola said:

How about a use case?

With this driver you could always hit external APIs to do things like turn on Wifi connected lights.  With the new enhancement that allows incoming information you can now have external devices send info to C4 allowing for stuff like confirmation of status.  So you can provide some of the functions of a driver without a fully implemented driver in C4.

The example I gave about Tesla charge status is something that I have had functioning for a few years.  I have a cron job that runs every five minutes on a PC on my LAN.  This hits the Tesla API and then sends the charge and climate status of my Tesla to Control4 which then changes the LEDs on a C4 keypad.  I have used the WebEvents driver for this, now I can use this driver instead which should make things a bit easier, and this driver is supported on an ongoing basis.

• 4 weeks later...

So i think I get it.. what about something like mysmartblinds by tilt. They are wifi automated blinds that work off of there hub and can integrate with alexa, but i would really love to control them through c4. Whats your guys thoughts? Here is there website for more info in the blinds

https://www.tiltsmarthome.com/

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.