C4 Forums | Control4

Help programming music keypad controls

azkid

I am trying to program a custom lutron Pico that will control music.  All my audio zones are controlled by a control4 16 zone audio switch that has what I think they call discrete variables meaning it can change the volume and other perimeters. 

The pico has the following buttons: Play/Pause, Volume up, Volume down, next track and a center button that I can program to anything,.  

I'd like to have 2 picos one inside and one outside.  The inside remote will control all indoor rooms and the outside remote will control all my outdoor zones. 

Can someone help explain how to program these functions to work?  Do I use the media scene agent?  Is there a way to program what the source is?  Maybe have a default source (amazon music) and then I could program the center button to also change the playlist?

Realize this is a big question but I'm pretty new to programming and this is my first attempt at controlling audio besides the announcement agent. 

Thanks, also is it possible to get a specific playlist or my music in amazon as a preset in room control rather then just playing generic amazon music?  It looks like it defaults back to whatever was playing last time?

Thanks, also is it possible to get a specific playlist or my music in amazon as a preset in room control rather then just playing generic amazon music?  It looks like it defaults back to whatever was playing last time?
Pretty sure Amazon doesn't support playlists in c4

54 minutes ago, msgreenf said:
1 hour ago, azkid said:

Pretty sure Amazon doesn't support playlists in c4

Thats too bad... Another question, I was able to set up the center button to toggle through the presets (1-5 and off) however it appears that if there is no running sessions, the toggle preset button doesn't turn it on.  Whats the correct way to turn on the music using room control?  More complicated, I'd like for the center button to turn on a session in all my interior zones but if there is a tv already running in the living room (which uses the ceiling speakers) to exclude that.  Same thing for turning it off, I'd like the center button to turn it off in all the zones but again leave any other sessions such as TV's running. Thanks!

You could do single press is start session double press joins all rooms. I don't think you can have scrolling audio sessions that join all rooms off of 1 button press. For example if you choose Pandora "todays hits" you can choose which rooms to play it in. But if you want to use Room Control you can set the playlist via that but I don't know of a way to activate all zones and have them join the session. The TV off programming would get tricky. Easiest to maybe create custom buttons for them for "on and off" and then variables that change to true when tv is on and false when tv in that room is off. The else would be if custom button is anything other than false which would be true for a boolean variable. That's best I can think of anyone else feel free to chime in.

For turning on zone

When button is single pressed 

If Master Custom Button False 

Audio Scrolling Up (or down whatever you want)

Else

Stop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Joining zones

When button is double pressed

Room Join and add rooms you want to join

For turning off zones

When button is triple pressed 

If TV Master Custom Button is False

Turn off Master

Else

Stop

If Den TV Custom Button is False

Turn off Den
            Else
          Stop 

etc etc etc. 

Does anyone have an example of a Room Control driver setup, bound and programmed?  I want to scroll through playlists, pause or off, and be able to join Sonos zones.  Right now, I have it all (but joining) programmed to a single KC or KD keypad button with volume controlled with up/down arrows.  I also don't understand the difference between a button press and a button tap, anyone?  This is elementary, but I don't work with C4 everyday and this is for my own home. Right now I start or stop a certain playlist with a button "press", then double tap starts a second playlist and triple a third.  One press stops the music, but I'm about to make that a pause... I don't want the music to start at the beginning of a playlist again.  Just pickup where I left off.  Thanks in advane.  I'm sure this simple keypad programming could benefit a lot of people.  My bet it's going to be the Room Control driver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.