C4 Forums | Control4

Home Office Setups and Control4

I have two sub rooms set up in my office each housing a 43-in TV that I use is monitors. I also have a motion sensor on the ceiling that turns the lights on and off. In addition the motion sensor is triggering a fan to turn on this time of year

In ceiling speakers....can get to them via airplay or running siriusxm 

Lights /lamps via C4 remote or  Apple's home app on my Mac (connected to C4 via home bridge) 

AC via ecobee control. (also connected to C4 or Homebirdge).

Coffe maker and grinder via the old fashioned method of walking over and pressing buttons

1 hour ago, Sooner said:

Does it starting playing again when you hang up?

no

I put a request into Ooma - I am doing this thru the IFTTT driver and what is exposed on there is about incoming calls, not ending calls.  So there is an area to fill out a request to send to thec company (ooma) so I did just that

The only Ooma triggers now are:

1) New voicemail

2) Any incoming call

3) Incoming call from a known number

4) incoming call from an unknown number

So hoping they add something re: "ending of a call" per my suggestion

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

no

I put a request into Ooma - I am doing this thru the IFTTT driver and what is exposed on there is about incoming calls, not ending calls.  So there is an area to fill out a request to send to thec company (ooma) so I did just that

The only Ooma triggers now are:

1) New voicemail

2) Any incoming call

3) Incoming call from a known number

4) incoming call from an unknown number

So hoping they add something re: "ending of a call" per my suggestion

Let me know if you get an answer. I have a Microsoft Teams VoIP Polycom phone and would like that setup as well. 

Do you know if you can authorize against your o365 for admin consent?

I think I could make a driver if so. Basically it would be based on your teams status and then you can program off your status.

I think when you accept a call you go to busy status.

19 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I think I could make a driver if so. Basically it would be based on your teams status and then you can program off your status.

Depending on the company, that's a long shot for getting approved.

28 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I'll ask my IT dept and see what they say. It might be something I can get approved.That would be wicked as I am always fumbling for my iPhone to get into C4 app and pause music when the phone rings. 

What about cell phone calls. Anything possible on that front. I probably get more cell calls than teams anyway.

My Office integration so far is minimal.

I've got:

1. LG OLED TV as my main monitor. Just got the IP Control working, so I can automate turning it on/off.
  2. Overhead canned lights, on a C4 switch. 
  3. Security Motion sensor
  4. In-ceiling speakers (not yet integrated with the PC for sound). 
  5. Blinds

When I'm done for the day, I hit the "off" keypad button as I leave the room. That shuts the blinds, kills room audio, kills the lights, turns off the TV, and enables the Motion Sensor to control the lights using the Security Lighting driver. This has been mostly as a learning experience for me, and isn't actually very useful... 

@msgreenf

What are you looking for here?

You can get API Keys and OAuth tokens against the Microsoft Graph for API Calls. That'll give you callbacks via web hooks, and API access. If you've something specific, send me a private message (does this forum support that?) and I can probably point you in the right direction. 

I hate Teams...there, I said it and feel so much better now.  Deal with there crap on the daily and it gets old.  Including their crappy video resolution.  Ever see their commercial?  OMG its terrible.

Nothing special really in my office/dining room.  Added a Huddly GO and Stem Wall for video calls.

18 hours ago, ChrisM said:

My Office integration so far is minimal.

I've got:

1. LG OLED TV as my main monitor. Just got the IP Control working, so I can automate turning it on/off.
  2. Overhead canned lights, on a C4 switch. 
  3. Security Motion sensor
  4. In-ceiling speakers (not yet integrated with the PC for sound). 
  5. Blinds

When I'm done for the day, I hit the "off" keypad button as I leave the room. That shuts the blinds, kills room audio, kills the lights, turns off the TV, and enables the Motion Sensor to control the lights using the Security Lighting driver. This has been mostly as a learning experience for me, and isn't actually very useful... 

Which OLED and how do you like it as a monitor? Was going to set a curved one up for flight simulator, but the lag input is pretty bad, and lots of warnings about needing content to change every 15mins minimum to prevent burn - in

Could create a custom button that is active only during work times. Then program the button to be on at say 8am and off at 4pm and program off of that button. When button = true do xyz, when false turn off. I use this for my wife when she works from home in case the cleaners come it prevents their music etc from turning on in her office. 

@c44me I've been using the LG 55" OLED55C6P for ~3 years now. This is a 55" Curved OLED 4k HDR panel, which they discontinued a few years back. I'm thinking of selling it for the newer 48" 120hz 4k panel. I've got the curved LG Sound bar to go with it. 

Mostly, it's great. I haven't seen any issues with burn-in anywhere. My primary use cases are day-to-day work, occasional slow-paced gaming (Civ, Magic The Gathering, etc), and web browsing.

Note: You'll need to disable the "Local Dimming" feature. If the content on the screen is largely stable, then the screen dims. For TV Watching this is fine. For computer usage this drove me nuts, as anything like reading, writing code, or even writing a doc would cause the screen to dim. Once I turned that off, everything was fine. My instructions for disabling that, which took a while to track down as they're in the TV Installer menu, are:

Buy a "One For all" IR Remote of Ebay (Mine is URC-8820N) for like $10. 

LG TV codes: 0178 (USED)
TAP a DEVICE button (eg, TV)
PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
TAP 9 - 9 - 4.
TAP the SETUP button
TYPE the 3 or 5 digit EFC code (aka "advanced code)
  EZ-Adjust = 00018 
  IN-Start = 00019  <- has the global dimming disable
TAP the regular button (eg, VOL+) - two Blinks
Password: 0 4 1 3

What to change:
Go to "13. OLED" (if you dont see it, press exit on the remote and access the Service Menu again).
Set "TPC Enable" to '0' or 'Off' (depending on your model/firmware). (See attachment 02)
Press Exit on the remote. (The change will be saved)

2 hours ago, ChrisM said:

e For all" IR Remote of Ebay (Mine is URC-8820N) for like $10. 

The magic remote it came with couldn't do this? Have same/similar OLED and was thinking about setting it up for flight simulator. Good excuse to buy new larger OLED for master BR :)

1 hour ago, c44me said:

The magic remote it came with couldn't do this? 

Nope. You needed a remote that had some specific features, and the Magic Remote wouldn't do it. Depsite my best efforts, I couldn't figure out how to enter the debug/installer screens w/o having an IR remote. 

If you figure out a way, please do let me know!

15 hours ago, ChrisM said:

Nope. You needed a remote that had some specific features, and the Magic Remote wouldn't do it. Depsite my best efforts, I couldn't figure out how to enter the debug/installer screens w/o having an IR remote. 

If you figure out a way, please do let me know!

Will look soon when start doing this. Thanks for the info!

though I am using Ooma its my land line at home that I am using for work and just had my work # fwd to the Ooma home line.  This week my company is rolling out Vonage so we can get our "office #s" back up and running while all working remote.  Oddly enough we started looking at VoIP solutions in Dec/Jan pre COVID but anyways....with COVID we had to shift some efforts around before going back to the VoIP solution.

Wondering how I could get the same pause set up using Vonage Business.  I'll be using audio on my iMac so wondering if there is some sort of audio trigger on there with IFTTT.  Though the audio goes to my desk it will also go to my cell so wondering if I could trigger something against VZW too.

I'll have to put on my thinking cap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.