C4 Forums | Control4

10.5" TS Battery Life ?

jmf3369

What have you guys been seeing for battery life? I Have a client saying even with the backlite low and the screensaver kicking in after a minute, he is getting no better than 45 mins. Is this normal? or should he expect better? The one I have is almost always plugged in, and when not seems better than that, but wanted some second opinions.

Thanks

--Jeff

Premier Sight and Sound

I guess the only recommendation I can make is to ensure that the backlight is turned off as quickly as possible. It plays a major factor in sapping the juice. If you were to have the screen on with backlight @ 100%, then 45min is not too bad.

Viewsonic has alot more experience in creating handheld devices. The 10.5 is definately a prototype model. If I were C4 i would have taken the viewsonic and put their software on it. It was a big mistake of them to build their own.

I actually would like to take the flash chip out of the 10.5 and put it in a Viewsonic Tablet. I was wondering if this might make C4 mad, might take a little tweaking to get the wireless and such to work but it would be totally worth it. We are a very loyal c4 dealer but as far as I'm concerned the 10.5 is really a piece of crap (Sorry C4)

Dan

Archived