C4 Forums | Control4

Program off when device leaves and joins Zigbee

1 hour ago, Neo1738 said:

Got 2 of the NYCE 4 button keyfobs. I thought I would be able to program off if the device leaves or rejoins zigbee. Anyone know if that is a possibility?

This type of device is an end device and due to being battery powered joins when you push the button. What I think you you wanted to do was to treat it sort of like a mobile phone in that it will potentially join your wifi when you arrive home and then leave your wifi when you leave the house with it. A wifi phone works differently than a battery powered zigbee device. That keyfob isn't communicating 24/7 or even sleeping and waking to connect and be polled by the network.  So for that keyfob it basically wakes up when you push the button. It connects to the network and does its business. It then turns off. Same is true for most all zigbee battery powered end devices unless they are specifically built to wake on intervals to update some state like temperature. End devices typically are not available to poll from the coordinator unlike a router device that is generally always running so it can perform its own function in addition to routing traffic in its area of the network.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.