pkkaiser

C4 zone amp recommendations

The control4 8 zone amp in our system has now failed a third time (all red lights on front). It is hooked to a UPS with line regulation since the first time it happened they said it was due to power fluctuation. This is the third one that has failed and so I am not getting another. What would people recommend for replacement? Any dealers please PM with quotes.Thanks

i switched to the snapav episode 16 channel (8-zone) and really never looked back, even C4 is moving away from having the audio switch/amp be the same device.

Is this the matrix or the 8 zone power?

The power range is flakey

I'm now using an alero by AMX as I got a great eBay price.

The new Triad ones are also reliable. All those use B&O class D amplification

Just to clarify this is the C4-AMP108, not the C4-16AMP3-B?  I have a bad C4-AMP108, and there seem to be regular threads on here about these things failing.  On the other hand, I have a couple of second-hand C4-16AMP3-B and three of the four zone versions of these.  The older matrix amps seem to be way better than the C4-AMP108, which seems to have been a product that was not built to last.

Yes, C4-AMP108...

Talk to your dealer. These do seem to be a regular problem / ask these days.
i switched to the snapav episode 16 channel (8-zone) and really never looked back, even C4 is moving away from having the audio switch/amp be the same device.
This

Or AMX Alero

Or new C4 Triad ones

Or any relay controlled multi zone amp will replace this amp that has failed.

In fact you can pretty much replace with no dealer intervention as this is switched by a relay and the cabling and stuff it does is dumb.

On 8/1/2020 at 3:40 PM, pkkaiser said:

The control4 8 zone amp in our system has now failed a third time (all red lights on front). It is hooked to a UPS with line regulation since the first time it happened they said it was due to power fluctuation. This is the third one that has failed and so I am not getting another. What would people recommend for replacement? Any dealers please PM with quotes.Thanks

I have a Russound MCA-C5. Works great. There is a newer model that is similiar, MCA-88.