C4 Forums | Control4

Wishlist 2020

South Africa C4 user

9 hours ago, control4user007 said:

- Add Thermostat, Security/Alarm System, and history agent to the OSD (e.g. when watching TV at night, sometimes its easier to pull up that interface vs go to a T3, pull out my phone, etc.)
- Update history agent to track lights on / lights off, TV on / Off, Thermostat events - not sure if this requires a history agent update or the driver to be written to use the history agent to log this?

- Ability to send a notification to all Navigator UI's.  For example, from my iPhone I want to send a push Notification to all other Mobile devices, OSD/T3/T4 popup, NEEOs, etc. with a message "Dinner's Ready!").  Also would be cool to have the ability for the T3/T4 to chime, have the message text scale to fit the screen size.

- On my T3 Screensaver, I currently have it setup to custom (Time, Temp, Date, Media).  If no media is playing, there is a large section of unused screen real estate, with temp + date + time stacked on one side of the screen.  Would be nice if when no media is playing, it could fill this unused space with the time (and stack temp + date), then when media starts playing - display the cover art + song info and stack the (time + temp + date on one side).

The third item (T3 screensaver) can be partially achieved via programming. I have mine setup as you have for when media is playing and then I do a photo screen saver if music is not playing and on some screens, I blank them out at night and on one other (near my pool), I have it display the time only (a massive clock) from 6am to 9am so that I can see the time during my morning swim...

On 12/24/2020 at 1:50 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

The third item (T3 screensaver) can be partially achieved via programming. I have mine setup as you have for when media is playing and then I do a photo screen saver if music is not playing and on some screens, I blank them out at night and on one other (near my pool), I have it display the time only (a massive clock) from 6am to 9am so that I can see the time during my morning swim...

Thank you!  I am going to give this a try this weekend!

1) hybrid of the SR260 and the NEEO - the Sr260 looks outdated, the NEEO is useless without backlight keys and the battery live is horrible for a portable remote.

Just an SR260 with OLED touch, a few keys less and a beefy battery would be perfect

2) Zigbee 3 support

3) HTML5 GUI for customized pages like floor plan etc...

4) and support for european decore style faceplates

10 hours ago, blub said:

1) hybrid of the SR260 and the NEEO - the Sr260 looks outdated, the NEEO is useless without backlight keys and the battery live is horrible for a portable remote.

Just an SR260 with OLED touch, a few keys less and a beefy battery would be perfect

2) Zigbee 3 support

3) HTML5 GUI for customized pages like floor plan etc...

4) and support for european decore style faceplates

Try out the really cool Floorplan driver from Janus Technology (available) on DriverCentral in terms of point 3 above.

• 2 months later...

Would be cool to have a "Guest Mode" in the Mobile Apps.  So when guests come over, they could download the control4 app and get temporary access to the house (or parts of it).  For example, when family stays over and wants to control things in the guest bedroom from their phone.  Or if you own a short term rental, you could give guests temporary access to the control system while they are staying there - but revoke it when they leave.  

1 hour ago, control4user007 said:

Would be cool to have a "Guest Mode" in the Mobile Apps.  So when guests come over, they could download the control4 app and get temporary access to the house (or parts of it).  For example, when family stays over and wants to control things in the guest bedroom from their phone.  Or if you own a short term rental, you could give guests temporary access to the control system while they are staying there - but revoke it when they leave.  

For the most part covered by adding a user under your C4 account - either delete or change password for new renters.

Access restrictions per user would be great and is often requested (here and by dealers) - would cover everything else in there.

access control would be great, but likely an experience nightmare to set up.  For instance if you lock it down to a room - all of my rooms have access to the alarm in case i open the app and its in any room i want to access the alarm panel ASAP.  that said if I give a guest access to the guest room only they could then maybe see the alarm?  so you'd have to not just have room access but then drill down to different services.  while I am sure it can be programmed, the idea behind C4 is to make it an easy experience for the end user, so its probably a big UX thing to figure out how to do it neatly where it makes sense and not 45 clicks to set up per user.

25 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

access control would be great, but likely an experience nightmare to set up.  For instance if you lock it down to a room - all of my rooms have access to the alarm in case i open the app and its in any room i want to access the alarm panel ASAP.  that said if I give a guest access to the guest room only they could then maybe see the alarm?  so you'd have to not just have room access but then drill down to different services.  while I am sure it can be programmed, the idea behind C4 is to make it an easy experience for the end user, so its probably a big UX thing to figure out how to do it neatly where it makes sense and not 45 clicks to set up per user.

Yes, it would take setup - in your particular example, you'd NOT have the security system (or cams and so on) visible in THAT room.

If one could set by users what sub menus are available that would be better still, but as you mentioned, going THAT far is likely a complete overhaul.

But:

-allow setting what default room for app is

-block room changing for user

would go a long way, and likely doesn't impact the general interface implementation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My list, a few new and a few "me too"s.  I realize some of these are third party limitation rather than C4s.

1. Web based Navigator.
  2. Convert Composer HE to run as a web based app so that it is OS - independent. Run Composer HE on Linux or Mac.
  3. Another vote for full REST API and native MQTT integration.
  4. Give end users the ability to install Mini-apps they way that they can install music services with Add Music.
  5. Native Spotify Control.
  6. Increase in the max number of Spotify instances in a project.
  7. Ability to use a Raspberry Pi as a C4 audio endpoint or IOX.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, control4user007 said:

+1 on these.  Didn't they have something like this back in the 1.7.X days of Control4?  

It can be done on current versions.

Splash-Tiles.com can give you full web based List Navigation in C4.  Plus it is free (driver, cloud service, and everything).  See the videos below

List navigator as a transparent overlay on a TV  (you can just use a web browser as well)

Setup vid  

• 1 month later...

I thought I should add a few items:

1. The ability to change the number of icons on a T3 /T4 screen.  E.g. it would be nice to do 6 x 4 like on an iPad instead of the standard 5 x 3.  The different configurations makes creating an aesthetically pleasing screen more difficult.

2. Control of pump speeds via the pool proxy (e.g. for the Pentair driver).

3. Control of pool light colours and colour shows via the pool proxy (e.g. for the Pentair driver).

4. Control of Vacation mode on the Pentair IntelliCenter driver.

5. The ability to see longer names of experience buttons (maybe via scrolling text or smaller font size options) on an Experience button

6. An experience button that has a window in it for text / numeric input that can be updated via programming. 

7. allowing status messages on iOS in the same way as they are available on the T3.

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought of another one:

Some way to display more information about the house on screensavers.  so when I’m walking by one, I can quickly glance and get an overview of what’s going on in the house. EG - if an exterior door or window is open, lights on around the house on, AV zones on, etc.  

Maybe more broadly - the ability for developers to build screensavers for the OSD / T3 / T4 interfaces. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.