C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Test icon

C4 User

Question

2 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, C4 User said:

On the navigator (shows on tv, iPad and iPhone) in one of my rooms with a TV and an SR260 there is an icon called “Remote Test”. Can someone tell me what this is and how I can hide it? Thank you very much.

It is likely an 'Experience Button' that your installer added to the system.

While named 'Remote Test', I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 'Locate Remote' functionality, that would cause your SR260 to beep once a minute.

To remove icons, you can either have your installer delete the driver (which would require ComposerPro), or you could have him hide the icon in the room, using the room's 'navigator tab'.

If you're on OS 3.0 or later, and the icon is a room favorite of something, you can press and hold the icon on the screen, and put the screen into 'Arrange and Remove Favorites' mode, and then hit the 'x' on the icon you wish to remove.

RyanE

21 minutes ago, RyanE said:

It is likely an 'Experience Button' that your installer added to the system.

While named 'Remote Test', I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 'Locate Remote' functionality, that would cause your SR260 to beep once a minute.

To remove icons, you can either have your installer delete the driver (which would require ComposerPro), or you could have him hide the icon in the room, using the room's 'navigator tab'.

If you're on OS 3.0 or later, and the icon is a room favorite of something, you can press and hold the icon on the screen, and put the screen into 'Arrange and Remove Favorites' mode, and then hit the 'x' on the icon you wish to remove.

RyanE

Thank you @RyanE I will raise this during my next dealer session.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.