C4 Forums | Control4

Navigator Access

ILoveControl

Question

Hi all

Hoping I read the last update release or change log right. Situation : I have a live in domestic worker / helper. Her TV etc is on the C4 system. I want to install the app on her phone but want to limit:

1. To her room only

2. To Monday to Fridays

Is this possible? If so where do I start looking?

1 answer to this question

The new access agent is way better than the old one but still limited. For instance all phones and tablets will have the same access control settings,

What you can do is limit all phones and tablets to require a passcode to access the room menu,  You can then only favourite her room on her phone and favourite multiple rooms on other phones / tablets.  This allows you to swipe between rooms, but if you want to go to a non-favourite room on your phone you will need to enter the passcode.  Settings for each T3 can be done separately (unlike phones).

As for locking down weekends, that is more difficult.  You can program the TV to turn off as soon as it is turned on via Control4 at these times, or put it on a managed plug which is activated via a schedule.   Neither stop her from bypassing the plug / turning on the TV manually...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.