C4 Forums | Control4

How to print keypads ?

1 hour ago, TundraSonic said:

We have 42 keypads, mostly 6 button. How (in HE) can I print all of the engraving layouts out (or dump to a PDF or JPG or ??) so that we can walk through and make changes to them?  (Or should I be asking if I even can?)

Thanks,

I believe that is a function in Composer Pro - your dealer can run a report and send you a PDF

not sure its possible to run a printable report in Composer HE

and if helpful - my wife and I write up some yellow sticky notes and put them on the walls next to each keypad.  gave us a few weeks to live/learn with it and make any adjustments prior to finalizing our order.

there is an old thread on here for ideas on how to use keypads effectively or how to push the limits to control audio, video, blinds, lighting, etc.  Lots of out of the box ideas floating around.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping to get as close as possible w/ the first shot but I'm sure there will be a few changes down the road.  Our integrator printed out his first shot of buttons and taped them next to each keypad. As we use them more and more we're making a fair number of changes. I think we've got about a dozen pretty much nailed down and will likely get them engraved and then see how things go.

44 minutes ago, TundraSonic said:

Thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping to get as close as possible w/ the first shot but I'm sure there will be a few changes down the road.  Our integrator printed out his first shot of buttons and taped them next to each keypad. As we use them more and more we're making a fair number of changes. I think we've got about a dozen pretty much nailed down and will likely get them engraved and then see how things go.

keep in mind each button can do up to 3 things, single, double and triple tap.  so dont have a music on button and a music off button.  we do single tap for music on, double tap for mute (or pause) and triple tap to turn off music.  this way you get a lot more use out of your buttons.  just some food for thought.  we do the same thing with blinds (single press does a full toggle but double tap puts them at 1/3 closed, etc).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.