C4 Forums | Control4

sound system we have a problem

We have a home that works with a control 4 system

And in the sound system we have a problem with that
The house consists of three floors and there are audio speakers on each floor and there are audio cables and the maximum distance of the cable is 50 meters of cables as it is impossible to change the cables and the distance between them reaches the speaker and the amplifier

We need the amplifier next to the speaker, an amplifier on each floor that connects to the speakers and it can be controlled via the network LAN

we need the amplifier distribute in the floor to sheer the same input source connected to the matrix in the basement over the network 

Riser Diagram.jpg

On 9/3/2020 at 5:52 PM, msgreenf said:

So what is the problem?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

First, I thank you for your interest in my topic

The problem is summarized in a means of transferring the output of the Matrix to the amplifier until it reaches the speaker, where all the speakers cables are present, and we cannot change it 
The goal is nowو transfer of sound from the basement to the first and second floors to the speakers through the network.
We have a space to modify or choose any devices to solve this problem

On 9/3/2020 at 8:27 PM, Cyknight said:

so..do you have a wire to transmit the stereo audio signal going to the amp? If so, you may be able to just get away with a y-splitter, or use an active audio splitter (also called distribution amplifier)

If you have no more lines available........

We cannot change cables or pull new cables at this time
Therefore, the amplifier was placed beside to the speaker in each floor, as in the drawing.
The only solution available to us now is to transfer the audio sources from the Matrix to the amplifier in the first and second floors through the network.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, lippavisual said:

If you don't have audio cables available, but do have network cables, Dante would be a great scalable option to pump the same sources to each amp.

It is really a good choice
But we have all the cables and we can't change them at the moment so we are looking for another solution in how to transfer the sound from the Matrix to the amplifier over the network.

No EXTRA network cable either?

Frankly there may be an issue there with the setup to begin with.

If this was just music, there would be some options, but the issue is going to be video sources and keeping the audio in sync. Anything that uses networking to send audio is going to introduce some sort of delay, especially with a separated video switch.

You MAY need to consider changing the video switch to a IP video solution than could allow better syncing option between audio and video, Just Add Power or Videostorm come to mind.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.