C4 Forums | Control4

Connections ? ​😑​

TundraSonic

On 9/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, Cyknight said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but this isn't all that large of a system.

No offense taken. I've seen massively larger systems than ours though none were C4. Our integrator is good but not extremely experienced.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, Cyknight said:

What you AREN'T lisiting is the networking setup. If you're telling me T3 (GlassEdge) screens are acting slow, something msut not be right there - unless you actually travelled back from the future.

Network should hopefully not be a problem. Backbone is all 10g. Switches are all Ubiquity Gen 2 Switch Pro's (24's & 48's). C4 largely has it's own Switch Pro 48 & VLAN to itself. As well, dedicated switches for Surveillance and Work systems. Internet is 1g (Speedtest's 892 down (though 22ms ping) and 122 up).

9 hours ago, TundraSonic said:

Back to Connections. Is there any way to see connections in HE?  So that when something is acting wonky I can at least see if the problem might be a connection rather than something else? Otherwise I have to keep bugging our integrator and waiting on him to reply.

Thanks,

No there is not.

Surveillance Cams and LIFX are totally isolated on their own subs (and switch for cams). Heavy data xfer systems are somewhat. 'Largely' because there is other stuff on the switch (and VLAN) that C4 is on so it's not totally dedicated to HA but everything C4 needs should be there. Traffic loading is extremely light so there shouldn't be bandwidth/latency issues w/ the network. I don't think lack of PIM should be a problem. Don't think is bolded because I'm not totally sure but I'm not aware of any problems currently caused by it. I do wish Ubiquity would support it though for other reasons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.