C4 Forums | Control4

Triad Speaker Warranty...

Can anyone tell me what the warranty is on the Triad Garden Array Underground sub?  I’ve had mine for 3 years and it appears to no longer work much to my dismay. I tested all the wires to the sub and the amp output. All seem to be good, just appears to be an issue with the sub itself. 

• Topfox changed the title to Triad Speaker Warranty...and Quickstart Guide

Dug up the sub. The subwoofer enclosure is filled with water, so my guess is the coil fried itself. I get no ohm reading between positive and negative. No clue how to even get into the enclosure as it seems sealed, but with that no clue how water could even get in it. Can’t imagine Triad built and underground sub that isn’t waterproof. Something here seems fishy. Hopefully Triad will address this..if I can get my dealer to call me back. 

My dealer is saying he will talk to Triad, but he doesn’t believe they will honor the warranty for the sub if there is water in the enclosure. Which perplexes me as the GA10 sub is rated as IP57, which the “7” means waterproof. So if I’m still within the warranty period, which I am based on the Limited Warranty terms and a dated invoice proving I can meet those terms (at least till 9/25), how could Triad deny a warranty claim when clearly their Waterproof sub is not waterproof?

Has anyone had any negative dealings with with Triad like this before?

Again I’ll note we haven’t received a rejection from Triad, but he is saying he is confident once we return the sub and they see water we will. 

• Topfox changed the title to Triad Speaker Warranty...

Looks like my dealer was able to get another sub, but not a new underground kit. So now I need to figure out how to get the adapter plate off.  Unfortunately removing the 8 or so screws didn’t do the trick. I see from the manual the adapter has a gasket, so I wonder TDC the gasket had a glue to it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.