C4 Forums | Control4

Luma 510 NVR Hard Drive Replacement Question

I have had increasing episodes of hearing a 'chirp' from this NVR, followed by a reboot of the NVR about 60 seconds later.  Talking with Luma support indicates a failing HD is the most likely cause, and they have sent me a new HD to replace the old one.

The problem is the case on my unit is different from the case shown in their Manual PDF.  Their instructions show removal of 2 screws on the back, and then sliding the top forward.  On mine, the top doesn't have the 'indent' shown in their pictures, and the top and sides are one integrated piece of metal.  It seems that I would have to remove some, if not all, of the screws on the sides (one toward the front, and a pair toward the rear, on each side) to be able to then slide the top/side cover back and be able to get to the drives.  I don't want to create problems by removing screws that should be left in place.

These are the relevant photos from the Manual, with a pair showing my Actual case.  The label on my case is "LUM-510-NVR-4CH-1T" so it is the same as the manual indicates, but the case is definitely different.  It's a Sunday, so thought I'd see if anybody here was familiar with this, and could advise on which screws I should or shouldn't remove.

ManualPhoto1..jpg

ManualPhoto2..jpg

ActualPhoto1.jpg

ActualPhoto2.jpg

Just in case anyone runs into this, you do have to remove the 3 screws on each side in order to slide the top/sides of the case backwards to get access to the drives and electronics.

They really should update the PDF, or at least indicate you might have one case or the other, and show both.  I don't know which is the 'newer' case design, or if both are used.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.