C4 Forums | Control4

Faceplates and plaster

JamesPB

Most general switch faceplates are designed so they are a bit bigger than the wall hole and screw down to hide it.

The C4 ones we've got angle back towards the hole, exposing any imperfect plastering/painting (on our legacy switch points). 

Why is this?! Are there alternatives?

C4 switches.jpg

1 hour ago, JamesPB said:

Most general switch faceplates are designed so they are a bit bigger than the wall hole and screw down to hide it.

The C4 ones we've got angle back towards the hole, exposing any imperfect plastering/painting (on our legacy switch points). 

Why is this?! Are there alternatives?

C4 switches.jpg

Any decora will do.  There are “jumbo” ones or “oversized” with a bigger profile yet same size decora opening.  I’m sure they make them screwless.  Nothing magical about the c4 ones 

What is wrong with the normal Control4 faceplates? We have them installed in both our houses and they look great.
D5C328B4-3981-468A-9930-5757F8BD7E42.thumb.jpeg.0a9ac4d042d2b13126597e9ca4e6c46b.jpeg

In the pic OP posted, you can see imperfections of the box cutout around the wall plate.

I have a question for you though. I was under the impression that SA used UK standard wall boxes and wiring, which would be square style like OP has. Looking at your picture that clearly isn’t the case in your house. Is your house an exception, or is what you have the standard in your area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, brantlmcdonald said:

In the pic OP posted, you can see imperfections of the box cutout around the wall plate.

I have a question for you though. I was under the impression that SA used UK standard wall boxes and wiring, which would be square style like OP has. Looking at your picture that clearly isn’t the case in your house. Is your house an exception, or is what you have the standard in your area?

Most of the time it’s probably going to be square sometimes if the customer wants or an interior designer suggest it then we use j box back boxes and decora switches and face plates 

thanks 

23 minutes ago, brantlmcdonald said:

What I have is standard in South Africa (so typical 1 gang, 2 gang, 3 gang and sometimes 4 gang) boxes like the US (I think) but our voltage (220v) is more similar to the UK.

7 hours ago, appliedautomation said:

Its a Control4 glass faceplate.

Yep but as noted it's the Square one - so already posted alternatives wouldn't be an option (as they are north american decora - also apparently used in south africa 😉 )

Also means that there may be far less options (as C4 switches are full standard size here so ANY faceplate you would buy here for decora standard would fit) - not sure on options in the UK/Europe etc.

I've NEVER had an issue with decor plates and edges like that, but of course both the plates, boxes and even wall construction is quite different here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.