C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer switches and LEDS - Electrician Experts ?

dkaleky

1 hour ago, dkaleky said:

isn't that non sensical ?   Why would they come out with a new line, which is "not ideal" ?

Because the 'Essentials' dimmers are a value-line product, so they've been optimized for cost, not for flexibility.

There are some loads that are better driven by the full-featured dimmers.

RyanE

The takeaway here is that the system is at the end of its useful life and in order to utilize today’s technology an upgrade of hardware is required.

if you prefer to keep the older equipment just go back to incandescent bulbs and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, rmurphy said:

"Legacy dimmers are not meant for LED and are not capable of reverse phase."

Control4 does have an old Gen1/2 Reverse Phase Dimmer, c4:control4_light:TDIM1-Z.  If you can find one to try out, it might help.

The biggest issue here is not dimming, but minimum wattage. It's been way to long since I've had to deal with an ELV dimmer to know if there's a difference in the minimum voltage.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I’m looking for some expert advice on a beautiful light up tree that I got for Christmas. It’s about 4 foot tall and it has LED lights appearing to be blossoms. It’s so bright that I can hardly light it up. I was wondering if you’re aware of a plug attachment that I could buy to dim this beautiful Christmas present 

2 minutes ago, Carol Delany said:

Hi, I’m looking for some expert advice on a beautiful light up tree that I got for Christmas. It’s about 4 foot tall and it has LED lights appearing to be blossoms. It’s so bright that I can hardly light it up. I was wondering if you’re aware of a plug attachment that I could buy to dim this beautiful Christmas present 

1 minute ago, Carol Delany said:

IMG_2587.jpeg

That is really nice!  If the bulbs are 120v and dimmable, you can always just use a Control4 Outlet Dimmer.  I have several in hand if you determine the fixture can be dimmed safely and have interest.  Message me if you would like one. I have both new and used an all are the current model. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.