C4 Forums | Control4

Program announcement for Yale lock based on users code

Jaywill10

Is it possible to set up announcements based on whos code unlocks the door? For example: If john unlocks the door with his code, an announcement occurs with "John has unlocked the door" and if Jane unlocks the door with her code, an announcement occurs with "Jane has unlocked the door." Is this possible at all? I was trying to figure it out by looking through composer HE. I have a Yale lock.

OK here are the steps.

Get the black wire text-to-speech for a realistic voice

Create the macro

Create the programming to run the macro when a specific user unlocks the door.

I do this to nice custom greeting for my crabby 16 year old. It doesn't acutally cheer her up but it least it does play her tunes when she unlocks with her code

program_when-user-code.png

macro-example.png

The text to speech will also read out the current weather and forecast, It also reminds the entire house in every room with speakers (loudly) when its garbage night, including a picture of a garbage pale on every touch panel. Of course every single person ignores this message and I have to take out the garbage anyway

5 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

The text to speech will also read out the current weather and forecast, It also reminds the entire house in every room with speakers (loudly) when its garbage night, including a picture of a garbage pale on every touch panel. Of course every single person ignores this message and I have to take out the garbage anyway

Awesome thank you so much for sharing! One last question I see drivers are involved, I’m assuming I’ll need my dealer to do this?

44 minutes ago, Jaywill10 said:

Awesome thank you so much for sharing! One last question I see drivers are involved, I’m assuming I’ll need my dealer to do this?

It is possible to DIY this if you prefer.  In place of the BlackWire driver, you could create sound files using any number of free text-to-speech websites.  These could then be uploaded to the C4 Announcements Agent.  I used to use fromtexttospeech.com for this, but it has unfortunately shut down.  A pretty good alternative -- although limited to one file per day, before they make you pay -- is naturaltts.com. 

This assumes that you only need a few discrete announcements. If instead you need the announcements to update dynamically, then a driver is your best bet.

13 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

Blackwires driver you can also text to your system what you want it to say. 

Alright 

17 hours ago, DLite said:

It is possible to DIY this if you prefer.  In place of the BlackWire driver, you could create sound files using any number of free text-to-speech websites.  These could then be uploaded to the C4 Announcements Agent.  I used to use fromtexttospeech.com for this, but it has unfortunately shut down.  A pretty good alternative -- although limited to one file per day, before they make you pay -- is naturaltts.com. 

This assumes that you only need a few discrete announcements. If instead you need the announcements to update dynamically, then a driver is your best bet.

this is perfect because I already have a site where I create audio files that are realistic. I’ll try the diy way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 9:21 PM, DLite said:

Out of curiosity, which site do you use for your audio files?

I use https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/ and use the browser extension "Chrome audio capture" works in chrome and Microsoft edge (new version). I use the voice UK peter. To me he sounds the most natural out of them all. I use the extension to bypass having to pay to download the audio files.

1 hour ago, Jaywill10 said:

I use https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/ and use the browser extension "Chrome audio capture" works in chrome and Microsoft edge (new version). I use the voice UK peter. To me he sounds the most natural out of them all. I use the extension to bypass having to pay to download the audio files.

Thanks. Looks like there are some good options on that site.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, JSTRONG said:

OK here are the steps.

Get the black wire text-to-speech for a realistic voice

Create the macro

Create the programming to run the macro when a specific user unlocks the door.

I do this to nice custom greeting for my crabby 16 year old. It doesn't acutally cheer her up but it least it does play her tunes when she unlocks with her code

program_when-user-code.png

macro-example.png

I'm noticing that composer is not finding my lock codes. I am just given this screen. See image. Not sure what to do.

Control4.png

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Wrong driver on the right - select the "Yale Lock (Basement)" - that is the actual zigbee lock vs the virtual relay lock (which is what shows the lock in user interfaces)

Still doesn't give me any codes or anything like that. I wonder if this relates to the issues my dealer was having. He couldn't get the history to show up with user codes and on the control4 wall tablet in history it states unlocked with code. Not the names of the users.

Option 1.png

option 2.png

6 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

You might have an old driver in your project. My driver was installed about 1 year ago. 

Interesting. Mine was just installed and used code is not an option. Where did u get the drive from, might ask my dealer about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.