• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 1:09 PM, msgreenf said:

There is no c4 apple watch app. It was discontinued a few years ago.

Just noticed this on the EA-5 VS spec sheet (https://www.control4.com/docs/product/ea-5/data-sheet/english/latest/ea-5-data-sheet-rev-d.pdf)

Control4 App license enables in-home control from multiple iOS—including Apple Watch—and Android mobile devices. Connect to your home remotely with an optional 4Sight subscription.

45 minutes ago, chudel said:

I guess, Apple Watch with HomeKit (HomeBridge) will be what works.

Yes but limited to the devices that Homebridge can control, so mainly lights, but not AV.  I would like to be able to control AV from the watch. 

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

Yes but limited to the devices that Homebridge can control, so mainly lights, but not AV.  I would like to be able to control AV from the watch. 

Ooof. I keep forgetting - is there a good (affordable) Voice control for AV?

You can use C4 for Voice control with Alexa but it doesn't have to be voice control for me on the watch.  Transport controls via buttons on the watch for AV would be nice.  If I am using Spotify then I can skip tracks using the watch via the Spotify watch app.  Would be nice to do the same for video playback.  Or volume controls or mute.

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

But no AV control with Joshua's C4 Homekit driver.  

No intuitively. You can create fake switches, hide them in navigator but expose them to HomeKit and program off of them. But it’s really only natural for on/off type activities. Not turning volume up or down, pausing, etc...

I’d love it if they could figure that out!