C4 Forums | Control4

HC-500 Wont start up HELP!

TMcJilton

I have an HC-500 that I have been using for a while now, and have never had any problems until now. I was away on business for about a month and when I came back the first thing I noticed was that my media library was gone. I looked on the HDD of the HC-500, and all of my music was there. So I went in and added it in Composer. After a few days it seemed to stop happening so I was happy. Now I am having a HUGE problem. I cant even get the controller to start up. When I plug it in, it looks as if everything is fine, goes through its "please wait" screen, and then just shuts off and starts over again. It doesnt matter how long I leave it plugged in, it still keeps rebooting. I have left in unplugged for hours, even tried using a mem stick and restoring it. It goes through the restore process and says its okay. But still does the same thing after. If anyone has any information as to how I might solve this issue on my own, I would really apreciate it. Thank you.

Anyone have contact info for C4 tech support?

Unless you are a dealer you can't call C4 tech support. The first thing they will ask for is your dealer code. Since you are asking this question I will assume you are not a dealer.

If you purchased this hardware from a authorized C4 dealer the equipment is probably still covered under warranty. You might be best server contacting the dealer that installed your system. If you did not purchase the hardware from an authorized C4 dealer you will probably be disappointed.

Archived