C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2 Out today! with new products!

Matt Lowe

• 2 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, slash007 said:

I had may system updated to OS 3.2 mainly for the volume display on the remotes, but it seems that it shows 100% volume on the screen anytime the volume is pressed.  Are there certain settings needed in order for it to show the true volume of the receiver? Thanks.

You need a 2 way supported device 

16 minutes ago, slash007 said:

Makes sense, but that's a bummer.  Where can I find a list of supported devices?  I currently have the Acurus ACT4.  Thanks. 

though I don't think my statement is 100% accurate - if its being controlled by IR its 100% 1 way.  If its IP or RS232 good chance it is 2 way.  I do not see your device in the database below so I'll assume if you are getting 1 way and its not in the database below they may have written you a simple IR Driver?

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&fq=certified%3A"true"

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

though I don't think my statement is 100% accurate - if its being controlled by IR its 100% 1 way.  If its IP or RS232 good chance it is 2 way.  I do not see your device in the database below so I'll assume if you are getting 1 way and its not in the database below they may have written you a simple IR Driver?

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&fq=certified%3A"true"

Possibly.  I'll confirm the connection and go from there.  Thanks!

One thing I just thought of, in my other room the receiver uses IR control, and on that remote it doesn't show the volume bar on the screen after the update.  Since it does show the volume bar on the remote used for the Acurus, it would likely be because it's a 2 way connection.  Weird though that it shows 100% all the time.  Any idea what would cause that?

32 minutes ago, slash007 said:

One thing I just thought of, in my other room the receiver uses IR control, and on that remote it doesn't show the volume bar on the screen after the update.  Since it does show the volume bar on the remote used for the Acurus, it would likely be because it's a 2 way connection.  Weird though that it shows 100% all the time.  Any idea what would cause that?

Bad driver. 

49 minutes ago, slash007 said:

If you use the app on your phone, does the feedback work for the Acurus?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, slash007 said:

They checked and the latest (only) driver is installed. Are you suggesting the install of the driver might be corrupted and to delete and reinstall, or something else?

Sounds like the driver code itself is a bit off if it is constantly reporting 100% all the time. 

• 1 month later...

No

1 minute ago, AidenL said:

Mine are the same.

is there any fix for that?

No, apparently this was a common properly of these at one time and they all have that issue but then newer units don't have this problem. At one time C4 fixed these under warranty but it is likely that yours is outside of warranty.

Just now, zaphod said:

No

No, apparently this was a common properly of these at one time and they all have that issue but then newer units don't have this problem. At one time C4 fixed these under warranty but it is likely that yours is outside of warranty.

Mine are 2015, so I’m out of luck I guess.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, Cyknight said:

Talk to your dealer (firmly!) - there is a reduced cost replacement program that ran for awhile, and may still be in place

Hello, 

My remote was barely used for one week at my vacation home, then, battery removed and put away in a drawer. 

Sadly personal issues kept me away for a year and upon return and recharge I was greeted with a dim screen.

I brought this up to my dealer a few times and was greeted with:

Blank stare

Snow balled

You need to purchase a new one

It's out of warranty.

I have read:

"As I mentioned, Control4 has extended the warranty on these and also sells a discounted unit if the extended warranty does not apply.  The extended warranty status can only be checked with support, the online tool only shows the original warranty."

I have a strong feeling that I will have to guide my dealer. 

Which C4 support department should they contact?  Via voice or e-mail?

Thank you

Tech support chat or call in to techsupport.

One note - I also find that the light sensor in the SR260 acts up and just shut it off - this has cleared dim looking screens in 'odd' lighting situations where the sensor is thrown off (jsut something to test, it's under list - settings)

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Tech support chat or call in to techsupport.

One note - I also find that the light sensor in the SR260 acts up and just shut it off - this has cleared dim looking screens in 'odd' lighting situations where the sensor is thrown off (jsut something to test, it's under list - settings)

This is important... I have 5 or 6 SR260’s now and have had to turn the light sensor off on all of them.  If I leave it on, I have a disaster on my hands... Only one of my SR260s had genuine dim screen issues and that was after heavy use for a year or three...

18 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

This is important... I have 5 or 6 SR260’s now and have had to turn the light sensor off on all of them.  If I leave it on, I have a disaster on my hands... Only one of my SR260s had genuine dim screen issues and that was after heavy use for a year or three...

and how do we do that? thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.