C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2 Out today! with new products!

Matt Lowe

6 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Double the T3s resolution in the T4 is great as is a faster processor... would be nice to know how much faster as my biggest problem with the T3s is they have become sluggish on my projects and as a consequence, my iPad has become my go to interface. A fast touchscreen would change that for me in some key locations...

They ship in Nov - I am sure you will have one coming :)

1 minute ago, zaphod said:

The screens on my SR260 are so dim that I can't see upgrades or anything else on the screen 😀

My dealer has updated me... and the new volume bar is cool so you may want to get the screens fixed 😅

It did take 15 minutes after the update for my SR260s to update so I thought I had no volume bar until a minute or two ago...

The filter for the history agent looks pretty impressive although it is not working yet on my iPad (despite updating to the latest iOS app) and while it works on my T3s, I only see 10 or 15 of my hundred plus sensors etc.  I am hoping that the system just needs a few hours to stabilize.  Failing that, I will be refreshing navigators and rebooting controllers in the morning 😀  I did see a few other gremlins in the filter section (some of my items had open, close and open options... very keen to know what the difference is between the two “opens” 🤨). And some of my motion sensors are correctly appearing in “Locks and sensors” while other appear in “Comfort Extras” in the filter options... Night all!

23 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

Hope some of these features can be ported to the DS2. And this thing is tiny compared the even the ds2 mini

The only constraints limiting the DS2 or any other 3rd party door station from taking advantage of all the new features are from a hardware perspective, but we are working with the DS2 supplier to help them get their firmware and driver updated to utilize these some of these new features.

13 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

The only constraints limiting the DS2 or any other 3rd party door station from taking advantage of all the new features are from a hardware perspective, but we are working with the DS2 supplier to help them get their firmware and driver updated to utilize these some of these new features.

That would be great as the the chime seems it will be quite small compared to my ds2 mini so i would need to do some painting and patching.

Darin,

Does the chime require the use of the cloud recording for snapshot, history and the like, or can a local NVR be used in place of the cloud without loss of those cool features?
Many privacy focused clients these days.

2 minutes ago, RAV said:

Darin,

Does the chime require the use of the cloud recording for snapshot, history and the like, or can a local NVR be used in place of the cloud without loss of those cool features?

you can record to an NVR, its ONVIF compliant

4 minutes ago, RAV said:

Darin,

they are also working on a motion supported profile for luma nvr's as well.

Just now, msgreenf said:

you can record to an NVR, its ONVIF compliant

I understand it can record locally as well.

What I'm asking is can it do the snapshot notifications, and history features without using it's cloud recording feature? Or is that stuff cloud processed thus requiring uploading video to a cloud. The zone motion features seem pretty sophisticated for such a low price and small package.

So wondering is it all or nothing if only local recording, or is non cloud recording not even an option at moment you can have both but can't have just local without cloud, or would local result in loss of some features.

5 minutes ago, RAV said:

I understand it can record locally as well.

What I'm asking is can it do the snapshot notifications, and history features without using it's cloud recording feature? Or is that stuff cloud processed thus requiring uploading video to a cloud. The zone motion features seem pretty sophisticated for such a low price and small package.

So wondering is it all or nothing if only local recording, or is non cloud recording not even an option at moment you can have both but can't have just local without cloud, or would local result in loss of some features.

the push notifications require 4 sight so they likely go through control4 servers.  The video if recorded by nvr is seperate. to get the video for motion it is only through 4sight which also leads me to believe it is cloud based with control4. However with the luma motion support coming you could get some similar functionality locally with that setup.

3 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

New product Control4 Chime video Doorbell!

Looks like there was shot of a push notification with a screen shot too.

Will have a new single control4 app for intercom and home control

7 days of recording included with 4sight the benefits just keep coming and no price increase yet

Intercom Updates

Sr260 Gets volume feedback and Icons!

Two new light control options

In wall switched outlet

Outdoor Weather proof light switch plug in module

All RED neo remote shipping soon too

New T4 Touch screens

8” and 10” model  
Available in black and white finishes  
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200  
Dual microphones and larger speakers  
An elevated experience for Chime, OS 3, and Intercom Anywhere  
PoE or Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)  
Tool-less installation and removal  
High-strength magnets and tamper-resistant screw  
Compatible with T3 backbox  

T4 is the most powerful touchscreen we’ve ever built, with 2x the resolution of the T3, dual microphones, more powerful speakers, and a faster processor. Plus, T4 can be installed in the same backbox as a T3, making installing a T4 on every job an easy way to upgrade your client’s smart home experience.

Message me for Update details and check us out on patreon.com/waltstv for composer home training!

Do you have any more detail on the SR-260 icons?

12 minutes ago, J to the D said:

Do you have any more detail on the SR-260 icons?

There are also new icons and text for added clarification. For example, when setting up an SR-260, new icons and descriptions are available for situations like adding to network, lost network, found network, etc. These new icons and descriptions can help to quickly troubleshoot network issues for the homeowners.

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Software update

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Nice.    The touchscreens and intercom looks cool also.    On the outlet plugs, will be interesting how they compare to Kasa devices which are amazing price points.   Not sure they will be able to command big $$$ unless someone really needs a color match aside from white.  

I couldn’t find any details on the Control4 Chime and whether it was RTSP / ONVIF capable? I like it as currently constituted. But I would love it if I can get it working with Blue Iris and My Video Storm Matrix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.