C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2 Out today! with new products!

Matt Lowe

3 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Thanks , was just trying to see how much more than the T3 the T4 was going to list for...  Nice touchscreen but pricing not for the faint of heart :)

They certainly are up there in price but the quality is there. A lot of tablets i have had my hands on really do not seem nearly as nice as even the T3. I will say my touchscreens have been very welcome additions to my system and love using them when i need them. I wouldn't do it again with out them.

25 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

They certainly are up there in price but the quality is there. A lot of tablets i have had my hands on really do not seem nearly as nice as even the T3. I will say my touchscreens have been very welcome additions to my system and love using them when i need them. I wouldn't do it again with out them.

I second this... my only issue has been that as I have extended my system and added too many experience buttons, the T3 has become a little slow when changing rooms... I am assuming the T4 will fix this for me and give me iPad speed when swapping rooms.  If so, I will have 9 touchscreens to replace... just not all at once as that would be way too expensive at this price point 😶

20 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I second this... my only issue has been that as I have extended my system and added too many experience buttons, the T3 has become a little slow when changing rooms... I am assuming the T4 will fix this for me and give me iPad speed when swapping rooms.  If so, I will have 9 touchscreens to replace... just not all at once as that would be way too expensive at this price point 😶

are the experience buttons on the main page of each room or hidden? sound like you need more touch screens in more spaces to have them dedicated and cut down on changing rooms haha!

but yes with the more powerful processor i would imagine this will help on loading times for everything.

3 hours ago, Kaas Mayer said:

heavy prices for an android 10" device with fullhd display 🙄

Yep, slowly catching up with Crestron pricing. 😉

But as always: if you look behind the scenes and just add up the component cost, you´ll get mad. Shouldn´t do that - you´re buying a solution, not a piece of hardware. 🙂

7 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Agree Matt.   Once i finally added a dedicated touchscreen,  my family and I used it much more.   I had tried an Ipad on the wall with the C4 app and even that didnt get as much use.     Challenge is with just general price elasticity of these touchscreens.   At some point folks just don't want to pay that much for a screen.  Hopefully you guys will be able to sell a lot of them because they look very nice.     

T4 with no new features and a higher price tag is dumb. Just more processing power. Over 4 years the cost of that new processor is the same as the slower one in the t3 4 years ago

voice built in?  Facial recognition?  Maybe I’m biting.  For a “faster” response time - meh.  

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

What is the incremental value of a C4 TS vs using an iPad or Android tablet?

1. It´s always at the same place - no need to search for it...
  2. GUI is available immediately, no need to swipe or open any apps or sth.
  3. No hassle with OS updates or incompatibilities

Tablets are a good addition to wall panels for me, but would never be a substitute for it.

Does Chime video support require a T4?

The Chime is what I was hoping for before I got the Ring Elite - a video doorbell integrated into C4 with local response not dependent on the cloud.  My PoE Ring Elite seems to take longer and longer to respond these days.  I’m hoping Chime is a lot more responsive and I’m really hoping C4 was smart enough to put a mounting option together that makes replacing a Ring Elite as simple as changing out a faceplate.

11 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Found some new goodies new camera format and history tab has some updates and access changes.

2Untitled.jpg

silly question, once updated to the new firmware how do you get the history button to show?  I can see history agent in composer but theres nothing on my c4 app...  Checked the navigator screen in composer and didn't see it there either...

2 hours ago, Köhler Medientechnik said:
  1. It´s always at the same place - no need to search for it...
  2. GUI is available immediately, no need to swipe or open any apps or sth.
  3. No hassle with OS updates or incompatibilities

Tablets are a good addition to wall panels for me, but would never be a substitute for it.

Point 1 is easily solvable so I would completely discount that.  I agree with you on points 2 and 3, although I think issue 3 is pretty minor.  Are the Android and iOS apps the same when it comes to features?  Are there some features that the Touchscreen has that they tablets can't do - wasn''t there an issue with intercom?

What is the MSRP of the T4 touchscreen?

2 hours ago, Köhler Medientechnik said:

This is what marketing says:

"The Control4 T4 Touchscreen improves upon the T3 with over 2x the resolution, larger speakers, dual microphones, and a faster processor."

Marketing for sure.  Who is complaining about audio quality on the T3 when they talk to someone on the intercom for 5 seconds to answer the door or tell someone dinner is ready :-). Hey I am just saying its really marketing BS.  They did right with Chime vs trying to push the DS2.  Wishing the T4 had some real excitement to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.