C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2 Out today! with new products!

Matt Lowe

14 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

are the experience buttons on the main page of each room or hidden? sound like you need more touch screens in more spaces to have them dedicated and cut down on changing rooms haha!

but yes with the more powerful processor i would imagine this will help on loading times for everything.

Lol! Each room has a fair number - between 10 and 20 experience buttons in the room and a fair number in each sub menu.  But one room in particular has 25 experience buttons in the main room and probably the same again in 4 or 5:sub menus. This room is the slowest to load which does make me think that I should look at splitting the room in 2.  It is a virtual room that I call “Monitoring” so can be split in 2 fairly easily...

9 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

Chime seems like the star of the bunch

I'm here for this.  I think Ring is a steaming pile of hammered crap.

question.  how will the Chime work with a home doorbell/chime?  Ring uses that little adpater you wire to the actual bell.

1 minute ago, Adidaswood said:

I'm here for this.  I think Ring is a steaming pile of hammered crap.

question.  how will the Chime work with a home doorbell/chime?  Ring uses that little adpater you wire to the actual bell.

i havent seen the wiring diagram but it seems every brand has abiity to hard wire to inside chime.

I have a built in doorbird so install would be a PIA to change mine out :(

Chime ordered.  Can’t wait to ditch my Ring Elite.  Or for my wife to stop asking why she has to use a separate ap for the doorbell.

I’m really hoping the response time from hitting the button to triggering an event is much much faster and the time to establish a video chat session is near instantaneous.  Over the last couple years Ring seems slower and slower.

6 minutes ago, jfh said:

Chime ordered.  Can’t wait to ditch my Ring Elite.  Or for my wife to stop asking why she has to use a separate ap for the doorbell.

I’m really hoping the response time from hitting the button to triggering an event is much much faster and the time to establish a video chat session is near instantaneous.  Over the last couple years Eing seems slower and slower.

Response time is an issue with my Doorbird.  I haven't seen a brand yet actually trigger the app fast enough for you to being able to talk to the person at the door before they leave.   Please let us know if response time allows for this and i will get on the purchase list also for one!

24 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

Response time is an issue with my Doorbird.  I haven't seen a brand yet actually trigger the app fast enough for you to being able to talk to the person at the door before they leave.   Please let us know if response time allows for this and i will get on the purchase list also for one!

Nest

It appears that OS 3.2 has made another improvement not mentioned yet....   Now my FreeNAS NAS drive is able to connect to my C4 system for media file access.   For the longest time FreeNAS used SMB2 or SMB3 protocol and C4 only was able to access via the older and less secure SMB1 protocol so didn't work.     Great that it is now upgraded to access more secure DIY NAS systems like FreeNAS....  FYI @Köhler Medientechnik

24 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

For the longest time FreeNAS used SMB2 or SMB3 protocol and C4 only was able to access via the older and less secure SMB1 protocol so didn't work.@Köhler Medientechnik

They seem to have updated quite a bit of the internals. For example, Node went from v6 to v10. Hopefully they did a general O/S update as well, and pulled in all the latest (and more secure) Samba and File system drivers. 

With the Node update, I wonder if they're considering running Homebridge on the EA1/3/5. That would bring a huge new feature set...

19 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

You also have to remember iPad and other tablets are not meant to be plugged in and left charging forever they are a hazard and diminishes the left of the product. 

Since I don’t currently have anything where I need intercom anywhere and had 3 iPads laying around, I just bought 2 Kasa outlet plugs and set them up on a timer to turn off at 11pm and on at 5am every day to avoid the battery swell.  Where I needed an iPad but didn’t have an outlet, I ran a CAT6 through a POE to lightning adapter and had my dealer program that to turn off/on for the same schedule.  Hoping that minimizes the risk of battery swell. So far so good.

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I have a Control4 DoorStation2 Mini.   
I now want to get the Chime Doorbell, but how does it install over the D2 mini back box?  Is there a backplate that comes with it to cover up the larger opening?

The Chime is way smaller than the DS2 mini. I've spent time with both, and am keeping my DS2 mini.

Also - the T4 is awesome. Once I can get my hands on more of them, I'll be upgrading my T3's. If anyone is interested in some tabletop T3's shoot me a note - I have a few 10" models in white that I'll be selling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.