C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2 Out today! with new products!

Matt Lowe

18 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

The Chime is way smaller than the DS2 mini. I've spent time with both, and am keeping my DS2 mini.

Also - the T4 is awesome. Once I can get my hands on more of them, I'll be upgrading my T3's. If anyone is interested in some tabletop T3's shoot me a note - I have a few 10" models in white that I'll be selling.

Can you expand on why you prefer the DS2 over the Chime?  Is there something you didn’t like about the chime?

How/why is the T4 awesome?

Can you expand on why you prefer the DS2 over the Chime?  Is there something you didn’t like about the chime?
How/why is the T4 awesome?

The screen on the T4 is great. It’s much faster and more performant...and the audio aspects of the intercom work better.

The chime is great, but it’s a surface Mount thing. Looks similar to the Vivint doorbell or a classier version of the ring. I like how the DS2 Mini is flush mounted in the wall. It also makes it easier because moving to the chime I’d have to fill in the hole on the front of my house where the DS2 Mini is. If you’re buying today and replacing an old surface mount doorbell, get the Chime. No reason to “upgrade” from a DS2 mini though - not that I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

anyone running into an issue with Composer HE 3.2 where is asks you for your password to login?  but customer.control4.com password doesn't work...even though that's what Control4 is saying is the password to use.

I'm also having this issue... Is there any fix for this?

13 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

anyone running into an issue with Composer HE 3.2 where is asks you for your password to login?  but customer.control4.com password doesn't work...even though that's what Control4 is saying is the password to use.

I did not see this, but I upgraded over an already working HE so was not asked for the license key and login.  I had installed HE 3.1.2 clean on a new PC with the customer.control4.com password so I know that works.  

If you completely uninstall HE 3.2.0 install HE 3.1.2 with key/password and immediately install 3.2.0 you shouldn’t see the new license dialogs.  There is a way to avoid complete uninstall but I forget where the credentials are stored.

8 minutes ago, jfh said:

I did not see this, but I upgraded over an already working HE so was not asked for the license key and login.  I had installed HE 3.1.2 clean on a new PC with the customer.control4.com password so I know that works.  

If you completely uninstall HE 3.2.0 install HE 3.1.2 with key/password and immediately install 3.2.0 you shouldn’t see the new license dialogs.  There is a way to avoid complete uninstall but I forget where the credentials are stored.

I already had the previous version installed and just installed the 3.2 over it and this happened.

2 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

The chime is great, but it’s a surface Mount thing. Looks similar to the Vivint doorbell or a classier version of the ring. I like how the DS2 Mini is flush mounted in the wall. It also makes it easier because moving to the chime I’d have to fill in the hole on the front of my house where the DS2 Mini is. If you’re buying today and replacing an old surface mount doorbell, get the Chime. No reason to “upgrade” from a DS2 mini though - not that I can see.

The biggest update on the Chime Video Doorbell over DS2 Mini would be the updated camera.

Better resolution is pretty much the differentiator.

While not announcing anything (it was previously discussed at the SnapPro Live event sessions), you should expect an updated DS2 driver that will bring some of the missing features (history, notifications, bugfixes) to the DS2 within a month or two.

RyanE

Hi Ryan, while you are here, can you look into the issue many of us are having with Composer HE version 3.2 asking for a password?  No one knows what to enter, and using our Control4 user portal password does not work.

We are totally locked out of our systems.

Thanks,

Dino

2 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

The screen on the T4 is great. It’s much faster and more performant...and the audio aspects of the intercom work better.

Did you try out the 8" or 10" T4?  I'm debating which size to purchase. 

Also, with the new Chime, when someone presses the button, does video/audio start up pretty much instantaneously on the T4 screen?  I'm guessing the video feed is local to the T4, and doesn't have to upload to the cloud first.  Do you know if that's true?

Thanks

3 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

The screen on the T4 is great. It’s much faster and more performant...and the audio aspects of the intercom work better..

As a matter of interest, is the icon layout the same as the T3 (5x3) or have they aligned this with the iPad(6x4)?

1 hour ago, dinom said:

Hi Ryan, while you are here, can you look into the issue many of us are having with Composer HE version 3.2 asking for a password?  No one knows what to enter, and using our Control4 user portal password does not work.

We are totally locked out of our systems.

It's been mentioned on the Dealer Forums, I'm sure someone is looking at it.

That someone would not be me, I don't know anything about that.

Sorry.

RyanE

3 hours ago, Jakelay said:

Since I don’t currently have anything where I need intercom anywhere and had 3 iPads laying around, I just bought 2 Kasa outlet plugs and set them up on a timer to turn off at 11pm and on at 5am every day to avoid the battery swell.  Where I needed an iPad but didn’t have an outlet, I ran a CAT6 through a POE to lightning adapter and had my dealer program that to turn off/on for the same schedule.  Hoping that minimizes the risk of battery swell. So far so good.

I'm doing the same with a Kasa plug and an iPad with an iPort LuxeMount. No swell so far after a year and it's nice to be able to pull the iPad off the wall and have full tablet functionality when you want. 

16 hours ago, ejn1 said:

i havent seen the wiring diagram but it seems every brand has abiity to hard wire to inside chime.

I have a built in doorbird so install would be a PIA to change mine out :(

I'm in the same boat! Love the look of my flush mount Doorbird and am generally happy with the integration, but am really jealous of the reported camera quality of the Chime. The DS2 didn't sound like it was a huge upgrade from the Doorbird on image quality, but the Chime seems like a huge upgarde (with better integration). Maybe we get an updated DS2 next year that will work with flush mount installations.   

1 hour ago, RyanE said:

The biggest update on the Chime Video Doorbell over DS2 Mini would be the updated camera.

While not announcing anything (it was previously discussed at the SnapPro Live event sessions), you should expect an updated DS2 driver that will bring some of the missing features (history, notifications, bugfixes) to the DS2 within a month or two.

RyanE

Ryan, 

The internals on the DS2 haven't been updated over the couple of years, or have they?  Is the spec comparison then 1 megapixel (DS2) vs. 5 megapixel (Chime) and 120 degree (DS2) vs. 180 degree (chime) horizontal view angle?

Just now, WisC4 said:

The internals on the DS2 haven't been updated over the couple of years, or have they?  Is the spec comparison then 1 megapixel (DS2) vs. 5 megapixel (Chime) and 120 degree (DS2) vs. 180 degree (chime) horizontal view angle?

I believe that is the case.

I'm not a product manager on DS2 or Chime, though, and don't follow them all that closely.

RyanE

Another issue I've just run into with 3.2 is my GE Concord 4 is not communicating with my HC800.  I'm getting an "ATM BUS FAILURE" error on my security pad.  Normally, I've just rebooted the HC800 and it clears if there was an update and such but I rebooted twice and the error still persists.  This only developed after the update as it was working correctly yesterday.  It appears the HC800 is running 3.2 so it was updated.

3 hours ago, RyanE said:

RyanE

The main feature I like from the Chime is that it's always monitoring motion.  I don't believe the DS2 can monitor motion.  It only records when the button is pushed.  Or am I wrong about that?

1 hour ago, drmark12pa said:

Another issue I've just run into with 3.2 is my GE Concord 4 is not communicating with my HC800.  I'm getting an "ATM BUS FAILURE" error on my security pad.  Normally, I've just rebooted the HC800 and it clears if there was an update and such but I rebooted twice and the error still persists.  This only developed after the update as it was working correctly yesterday.  It appears the HC800 is running 3.2 so it was updated.

So restored my backup project that I did before I upgraded to 3.2 and my GE Concord is back online.... so until some of these 3.2 bugs are worked out, I would recommend avoiding!

The downside is now I'm stuck on firmware 3.2 and can't use Composer to do any programming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.