C4 Forums | Control4

OvrC + UniFi

CTMatthew

If you look at the OvrC website they list an extensive ecosystem of compatible brands. One thing that caught my eye is that UniFi switches are "supported" - but I'm not sure what this means. I have one in my office among many Araknis switches and it was correctly identified as UniFi, but is asking for a username and password - I'm simply not sure WHICH password it wants? The SSH password doesn't work. Not sure if the support simply doesn't work well or if it's looking for some other set of credentials I don't regularly use. Anyone actually use UniFi switches and go to the trouble of registering them in OvrC?

3 hours ago, CTMatthew said:

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to accept this or the SSH credentials. Do you know what I should even expect OvrC to display once the credentials are accepted? Am I getting port information, etc.?

If you have to go to another app like OvrC why not just go to the Unifi App with far more functionality?

4 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

If you have to go to another app like OvrC why not just go to the Unifi App with far more functionality?

If I were only administering networks, that would be ideal. 

I'm a custom integrator, though, and have a variety of remote portals to view sites through so I'm always looking to try to get one established that's capable of at least the majority of things I'd need to do. If OvrC can continue to develop along those lines it would at least be a good place to get a site overview and then if I need to drill down I can open a controller window. But if I just need to PoE starve a device to reboot it I'd just as soon do it from OvrC.

• 11 months later...
On 10/14/2020 at 8:35 AM, CTMatthew said:

If I were only administering networks, that would be ideal. 

I'm a custom integrator, though, and have a variety of remote portals to view sites through so I'm always looking to try to get one established that's capable of at least the majority of things I'd need to do. If OvrC can continue to develop along those lines it would at least be a good place to get a site overview and then if I need to drill down I can open a controller window. But if I just need to PoE starve a device to reboot it I'd just as soon do it from OvrC.

Did you get it to work? I have been playing with this scenario myself and I haven't found the right settings to get it working yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The default "ubnt / ubnt" seemed to work for me.  After turning on SNMP in UniFi I was then able to use the pre-filled login on my UniFi devices.  I can see port information, but no control over them.  Appears to be for monitoring purposes only.

I actually got a definitive answer on this from OvrC. You have to use the SSH password that's automatically generated by the controller. If you change it it won't work. This gives you access to ports and PoE status/power cycle, though you can't name the ports like you can on Araknis. 

If ubnt/ubnt worked it likely means it's not adopted?

4 hours ago, CTMatthew said:

I actually got a definitive answer on this from OvrC. You have to use the SSH password that's automatically generated by the controller. If you change it it won't work. This gives you access to ports and PoE status/power cycle, though you can't name the ports like you can on Araknis. 

If ubnt/ubnt worked it likely means it's not adopted?

if it worked with ubnt its not adopted. you can also look at the switch if the light is white and not blue its not adopted

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.