C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE asking for password that doesn't exist ?

TundraSonic

Composer HE upgraded today and when I try to get in to our EA5 it asks for a system password. It's never done that before and our integrator says that there is no system password (which kind of concerns me but that's another topic). It's not happy with simply pressing OK nor w/ my client master pw.

Thoughts?

I just moved up to 3.2 last night too and seeing this also.  My dealer is working to see if it is a bug, I am going to go with yes.

Has anyone here tried to SSH into the controller and use default password  with root account or if they updated their password use that one.  Can you get in there, I am unable to get in that way too, just another data point.

I just moved up to 3.2 last night too and seeing this also.  My dealer is working to see if it is a bug, I am going to go with yes.

Has anyone here tried to SSH into the controller and use default password  with root account or if they updated their password use that one.  Can you get in there, I am unable to get in that way too, just another data point.
No more root password since 3.1

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I had the same issue.  Uninstalling Composer HE 3.2 and re-installing Composer HE 3.1 worked.  For now I will have to ignore the update prompt when I open.  I also notice that Composer gives you instructions on how to open the Help menu and turn off automatic updates, but when you open the Help menu the Check for Updates option isn't even there so even the help message is buggy! 

1 hour ago, compuaid said:

I had the same issue.  Uninstalling Composer HE 3.2 and re-installing Composer HE 3.1 worked.  For now I will have to ignore the update prompt when I open.  I also notice that Composer gives you instructions on how to open the Help menu and turn off automatic updates, but when you open the Help menu the Check for Updates option isn't even there so even the help message is buggy! 

I'm not able to open Composer 3.1 because my system is all 3.2 now so I'm stuck not being able to program at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.