C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE asking for password that doesn't exist ?

TundraSonic

1 minute ago, drmark12pa said:

Why am I paying for remote services when I can't even log into Composer???!?!?!

the two aren't really related.

4sight includes remote access via C4 Mobile app, intercom anywhere, Alexa/Google Assistant, When/Then, Cloud backups.....all of which are working

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

the two aren't really related.

4sight includes remote access via C4 Mobile app, intercom anywhere, Alexa/Google Assistant, When/Then, Cloud backups.....all of which are working

It's related when I cannot log in and modify programming for alerts which I need to do regarding a motion sensor that I just installed last week in my driveway.

Here is the fix that worked for me to get back into HE 3.2.

My dealer logged into my PC at home so they could install Composer Pro.  Launched and connected to project, then removed all programs and I was then able to get into HE 3.2 from my local system.

I believe there is some sort of Key or Password being passed from Pro would be my guess, just a guess.

I think that there are a lot of people who like what they can do with When/Then and for whom the additional benefits of HE are not worth the time & effort. 

However, I think that When/Then could be more powerful AND more user friendly than it is. And the same 2x for HE. I feel like I'm stepping back in time when I use HE. I'll give C4 credit though for offering the stair step approach of; 1) No Worries - Integrator does it all, 2) I can do simple stuff with When/Then and lighting scenes, 3) I can do a few more things with antiquated HE.  

30 minutes ago, TundraSonic said:

I think that there are a lot of people who like what they can do with When/Then and for whom the additional benefits of HE are not worth the time & effort. 

However, I think that When/Then could be more powerful AND more user friendly than it is. And the same 2x for HE. I feel like I'm stepping back in time when I use HE. I'll give C4 credit though for offering the stair step approach of; 1) No Worries - Integrator does it all, 2) I can do simple stuff with When/Then and lighting scenes, 3) I can do a few more things with antiquated HE.  

To be very clear - Composer HE is a tuned down version of PRO - PRO looks and feels no diffferent.

I'm assuming you're asking for control over more parts of the system, which as it stands just won't be happening - but in case you believe dealers have a much more 'fancy' version than end-users with HE - we don't.

Thanks. I'm somewhat familiar w/ PRO. Yes, PRO and HE are both quite antiquated.

Even 25 years ago most structured programming environments like this would allow editing of commands in some way or another. That C4 requires the programmer, in PRO & HE, to totally recreate commands manually in order to make minor changes is astounding. This especially for changes to open values but also to captive values.

As well, it should allow direct coding, with or without a syntax check.

And between the two above is hybrid where typing code causes the 'actions' pane to search/narrow to what you are typing. 

HE 3.2 -- password.

My C4 was upgraded to 3.2.0.x yesterday.  Downloaded the Composer 3.2 like those above me in the thread and was confronted with the 'password bug'.  Tried uninstalling the HE 3.2, downloading 3.1 and installing it.  No can do.  Seems the Composer HE 3.1 doesn't like to talk to C4 3.2.0  Waiting for a  dealer solution. Anyone find a workaround while I wait?

2 hours ago, TundraSonic said:

Thanks. I'm somewhat familiar w/ PRO. Yes, PRO and HE are both quite antiquated.

Even 25 years ago most structured programming environments like this would allow editing of commands in some way or another. That C4 requires the programmer, in PRO & HE, to totally recreate commands manually in order to make minor changes is astounding. This especially for changes to open values but also to captive values.

Eh, not sure I agree. The choice to do it the way it is I believe is based on making it a low-threshold to start doing systems, as well as simplifying (or if you prefer dummy-proofing) even large installs.

Yes it's limiting in some ways, but it is also hard to really mess up a system with it.

Editing code directly means more power, but also more power to destroy.

That doesn't make it antiquated and more than any 'smart device' mobile app is antiquated for presenting simplified programming options.

More 'power' IS available for those with the actual know-how to use it (if you've got the know-how, you can figure out how 😉) but I find that Composer is easy enough to use the way it is that I never really use it to begin with - beyond some proof of concept stuff on my personal system.

And no, I'm not going to hint at the how of that at all, no use in asking. And no this is not supported by Control4 at all.

12 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I had emailed Control4 about the password issue and there is an updated Composer HE for download and it did indeed fix the issue!

Which version is the fix? I only see one 3.2 to download on customer.Control4.com and it’s 3.2.0.586984-Res

So they rolled out a patch with the same rev number...

Interesting.

The work around was to have your Pro Dealer install Pro on your local network and then have them open project.  Then all would be good.

If there new HE fixes it, awesome for the new people or older groups coming up to 3.2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.