Jump to content
Dueport

Propane or Natural Gas Detector

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know of a propane or natural gas detector that can be integrated into C4?  I had the Heiman Zigbee Gas Detectors when I was using ST but they aren't compatible (I don't believe) with C4.  They worked great otherwise.  Key use case here is to have propane detectors in rooms with gas appliances (ie gas range/oven and fireplaces) so they will detect any gas leak before things become extremely dangerous.  Standalone detectors are fine because they make a sound and, if you're home, you can respond.  I prefer them being connected so I can be notified if the leak occurs when no one is home.  Even better is to have them integrated into the control system so C4 could shut off the gas if a leak is detected......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked 3 years ago before a whole home renovation.  I went far into the rabbit hole.  I never found a solution 

not a help but just letting you know my lack of answers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you - hoping something's been developed in the last 3 years.  I've been digging around for a while too though and not finding anything.  Very strange considering how critical this is - seems like there's a story at least once a year of an undetected gas leak destroying a home or business.

Shame that C4 only supports Zigbee Pro (as I understand it) - then at least could commission a driver for the Heiman Zigbee Gas Detector.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes via MQTT after flashing it with Tasmota and use Berto.io drivers set ... AliExpress filled with these 4 months back ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following. Gas flow would be nice. 

I wouldn't mind a 60 minute gas timer, that's rated for indoor use, to keep us from leaving the fire starter burning up our propane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Amr said:

Yes via MQTT after flashing it with Tasmota and use Berto.io drivers set ... AliExpress filled with these 4 months back ...

Sorry I’m not familiar with these terms (still new) could you please expand on this? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, msgreenf said:

another way for possible integration is via an alarm system.  Control4 is not a replacement for an alarm!

Funny you should suggest this today - I had the same thought when I signed a new alarm monitoring contract for our Vista panel today. The contract referenced gas sensors. I had looked into this earlier but didn’t find any residential Honeywell gas sensors. I’ll update this thread if the alarm company has something I don’t know about.  That would definitely be the best way to go - propane sensor on the monitored Honeywell panel that integrates to C4........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dueport said:

Funny you should suggest this today - I had the same thought when I signed a new alarm monitoring contract for our Vista panel today. The contract referenced gas sensors. I had looked into this earlier but didn’t find any residential Honeywell gas sensors. I’ll update this thread if the alarm company has something I don’t know about.  That would definitely be the best way to go - propane sensor on the monitored Honeywell panel that integrates to C4........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dueport said:

Sorry I’m not familiar with these terms (still new) could you please expand on this? Thanks!

Stick with Vista, much simpler, MQTT more of an DIY extension to C4 an u probably will not like this route ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...