C4 Forums | Control4

ETA on combined iOS app?

WisC4

Android is already out and available to any one with an Control4 system running OS 3.0.  It is supported back to the original OS 3.0 release, so even if you don't upgrade to the new OS 3.2 release you'll get it. However, the new intercom playback and history functionality does require OS 3.2.

As for the release date of the iOS version it is still up in the air while we work through some extra requirements from Apple, but it is already out for testing with Control4's internal teams and we are hoping to have it out before the end of 2020.

C4_iOS.jpg

8 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

Android is already out and available to any one with an Control4 system running OS 3.0.  It is supported back to the original OS 3.0 release, so even if you don't upgrade to the new OS 3.2 release you'll get it. However, the new intercom playback and history functionality does require OS 3.2.

As for the release date of the iOS version it is still up in the air while we work through some extra requirements from Apple, but it is already out for testing with Control4's internal teams and we are hoping to have it out before the end of 2020.

C4_iOS.jpg

Lets take a moment to appreciate control4 is also making updates that will work across several versions. anybody with an OS 3 system can now use this new feature.

28 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

C4_iOS.jpg

Great to hear -any of these testers end users ?

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

Update to 321.40, Intercom in OS 3 for iOS was just released today.

OS3.jpg

This is awesome!!! Thank you @Darin, C4 PM UI and everyone else at C4 for getting this done and taking the time to do it right. Big kudos too for the efforts to speed up the app recently - it has been noticeably way faster.  Nicely done to everyone at C4 working on this stuff!

18 minutes ago, antneed said:

iOS users any feedback on how the this update is working?

would love to hear some feedback for those that have updated.

I have OS 3.2.1 this update is compatible with all OS 3. Etc correct?

So far working very well - have updated my phone and my wife's and seems to be going well so far.  Tested intercom from TS to both phones and between phones worked well.  Also updated the iOS app on my M1 Mac and noticed that the app doesn't surface the intercom features running there - not a big deal just a note.  We're running OS 3.2.3.

1 hour ago, Dueport said:

So far working very well - have updated my phone and my wife's and seems to be going well so far.  Tested intercom from TS to both phones and between phones worked well.  Also updated the iOS app on my M1 Mac and noticed that the app doesn't surface the intercom features running there - not a big deal just a note.  We're running OS 3.2.3.

Thank you for the detailed response!

Does the Control4 App seem to run faster when not on your home network?

Just for an M1 Mac myself and forgot it can run iOS apps! Sweet!

It is working at both my residences (I needed to reboot my Director at my holiday home to get it working - thankfully I can do that remotely).  It works really well although I have seen 2 bugs so far on my setup:

1. If I open the C4 app and go straight to intercom then it hangs.  As long as I wait a second or two before going to the intercom button, it works just fine.

2. Both my T3s at my main residence and 1 of my 5 T3s at my holiday home are showing as unavailable.  Even after rebooting absolutely everything at my main residence (guess I will need my dealer to have a look).  T4s, DS2s and DS2 mini are all working perfectly.  I do think that my projects are becoming too big for the T3s as I have been experiencing problems when refreshing navigators (I often need to reboot some of the T3s after refreshing navigators otherwise they simply hang). 

Apart from my challenges above, this seems like a really great enhancement!  I love the fact that it works for both residences…. Now we just need a more elegant way of switching between 2 residences (I.e. one touch instead of the current 4) and if one could link to both residences from a T3 / T4 that would really be something.

27 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Would love to see Intercom Anywhere work with "Anything" - namely integrate with Ring or other 3rd party doorbell systems that me already be installed.

It works with a handful of 3rd party door stations like 2n and a few others. 

38 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Would love to see Intercom Anywhere work with "Anything" - namely integrate with Ring or other 3rd party doorbell systems that me already be installed.

would love to see Ring too but right now doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon :(

50 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

"anything" isnt feasible. But it's not locked down as such now - it's just limited in what is compatible.

As per above comments, 2N, Doorbird work this way, Ring doesn't due to some incompatibility (I will not claim to know the details but it's something like Ring doesn't support XY that C4 requires and/or C4 doesn't support YZ that ring doesnt)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.