C4 Forums | Control4

Bali Somfy Z-Wave Shade grouping

evil0ne

Based of the recommendations from the Inexpensive shades or blinds thread I recently installed the Bali Z-Wave shades in my home I purchased from Costco and connected them via Vera. Everything works from a generic open/close/stop but it seems there is no way to set the % open/close in Control4 even though Vera appears to be tracking the state.

Also, the shades still don't appear in Alexa after a Discover/Refresh, are shades supposed to work via Alexa?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, evil0ne said:

Based of the recommendations from the Inexpensive shades or blinds thread I recently installed the Bali Z-Wave shades in my home I purchased from Costco and connected them via Vera. Everything works from a generic open/close/stop but it seems there is no way to set the % open/close in Control4 even though Vera appears to be tracking the state.

Also, the shades still don't appear in Alexa after a Discover/Refresh, are shades supposed to work via Alexa?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, Alexa can't control shades via Control4.  The only way to make Alexa control shades is to use a different Alexa-compatible integration method.  It might be possible for you to add the Vera skill to Alex and then control the shades using that skill.  I'm not sure of the details, because I don't use Vera.  However, I do something similar with my Somfy shades.  They are integrated with Control4, but I also have separate Somfy wifi modules that integrate with Alexa for voice control.  In your case, voice commands would -- in theory -- be issued by Alexa to Vera directly.

My somfy shades are connected to smartthings which allows voice control through alexa.  I then use a vera as a secondary zwave hub to copy all my smartthings devices and integrate into control4. For what its worth I don't think vera is a very good hub/solution at all... The only reason I have it is its the only one that works with control4 :(

22 hours ago, azkid said:

My somfy shades are connected to smartthings which allows voice control through alexa.  I then use a vera as a secondary zwave hub to copy all my smartthings devices and integrate into control4. For what its worth I don't think vera is a very good hub/solution at all... The only reason I have it is its the only one that works with control4 :(

In regards to Vera I'm learning that now :); apparently even more so now that they sold the company. It seems to have a unique following for tinkerers as simple things like grouping are less than intuitive for a product that should be mature at this point.

i have deployed a similar configuration and there is an updated vera shade driver that lets you get % control from within control4,  doesn't do anything for alexa due to the problems mentioned above,  but you atleast have that level of control from within control4.

Just now, malelan said:

i have deployed a similar configuration and there is an updated vera shade driver that lets you get % control from within control4,  doesn't do anything for alexa due to the problems mentioned above,  but you atleast have that level of control from within control4.

Which driver is that?

29 minutes ago, malelan said:

it is called 'mi casa verde zwave set level blind (2.9+)'

and the actual file is

blind_zwave_2_9+.c4i

Crazy I missed it before; I even had it filtered by Mi Casa Verde too. This should be easy now. Thanks!!

10 minutes later...it was that easy! After adding the new blinds to the C4 Blind Group the groups can be controlled by target value as well. I'll work on Alexa via Vera later but just getting them on a timer for sunrise/sunset/etc will limit the amount of time anyone should be interacting with them anyway. Thanks for pointing out the obvious! :)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone using Mi Casa hub, how did you guys solve the rogue DHCP server ? If you have Mi Casa connected to your network it will start giving out 192.168.81.0/24 addresses and in most cases will interfere with your existing network.

@evil0ne

Do you have each shade on a separate channel ? Also, is it possible to  have shades linked to a hub and a remote at the same time?

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, net_tech said:

Anyone using Mi Casa hub, how did you guys solve the rogue DHCP server ? If you have Mi Casa connected to your network it will start giving out 192.168.81.0/24 addresses and in most cases will interfere with your existing network.

@evil0ne

Do you have each shade on a separate channel ? Also, is it possible to  have shades linked to a hub and a remote at the same time?

I could but I don’t. I have a total six windows and use 4 channels. Channel 1 is all six, Channel 2 is a group of 3 windows above the sofa, Channel 3 is a group of 2 on French doors and Channel 4 is for one window above the kitchen sink. I could create more channels but I haven’t found a need to operate each window independently.

The blinds are synced to two remotes and the Vera Hub at the same time. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.