C4 Forums | Control4

Chime Video Doorbell setup and use

jfh

I’m playing around with a Chime PoE before trying to mount it outside.  Haven’t done much but I love the picture quality.  Local intercom session starts very quickly.

Can anyone tell me what the API password is used for?   I reset it thinking it was something else and wondering if that will mess something up.
How do I get video to record on a LUMA 510 NVR?

Haven’t played around with motion detection yet.  Supposed to have 5 zones but can’t see where/how they are configured.

This looks like it could be a very useful device.

Note that the accessories (single gang cover and angle mounting wedges) are not available until late November

22 minutes ago, jfh said:

In HE I only see Properties, Actions, Documentation and LUA.  No Settings.

It's very possible that HTML properties pages are not included in HE.

I can't think of a reason why that would be.

Are you on the latest HE release?

RyanE

Also, do you have any other drivers with HTML Properties pages that you could check if they show up in HE?

Essential Lighting drivers have them, as well as the KNX drivers (which I find unlikely that you'd have).

If you can tell me from the About page what versions you're on, that would be helpful.

RyanE

9 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Also, do you have any other drivers with HTML Properties pages that you could check if they show up in HE?

Essential Lighting drivers have them, as well as the KNX drivers (which I find unlikely that you'd have).

If you can tell me from the About page what versions you're on, that would be helpful.

RyanE

Composer HE 3.2.0 Build 587744-res
I don’t have Essential Lighting or KNX.  
The newest hardware I have is Neeo Remote, CA-10, and the Chime.  None of them show Settings on the Properties page in either a 3.1.2 or 3.2.0 project.

Small unrelated point - the links in the Chime documentation bring you to a Dealer Log in page, so they aren’t useful.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, jfh said:

I’m playing around with a Chime PoE before trying to mount it outside.  Haven’t done much but I love the picture quality.  Local intercom session starts very quickly.

Can anyone tell me what the API password is used for?   I reset it thinking it was something else and wondering if that will mess something up.
How do I get video to record on a LUMA 510 NVR?

Haven’t played around with motion detection yet.  Supposed to have 5 zones but can’t see where/how they are configured.

This looks like it could be a very useful device.

Note that the accessories (single gang cover and angle mounting wedges) are not available until late November

Any updates on your progress?  Did you end up mounting your Chime outdoors yet, and if so, how is it working?

6 hours ago, dinom said:

Any updates on your progress?  Did you end up mounting your Chime outdoors yet, and if so, how is it working?

No progress with the Chime. I wasn’t going to try mounting it outside until I get get a C4 accessory kit.  

(Deleted comments on camera issues unrelated to Chime)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got my Chime doorbell on Sunday. Will be a little bit before electrician comes out to run cat6 behind doorbell, but still tested out some things.

Biggest issue: Lack of HTML settings page in Home Edition. This essentially makes the product just a couple steps improved over a basic doorbell. Cant configure settings or zones or sensitivity or....we'll really anything. 

Thank goodness I still have my Unifi Protect doorbell installed. 

7 minutes ago, tmj4 said:

Just got my Chime doorbell on Sunday. Will be a little bit before electrician comes out to run cat6 behind doorbell, but still tested out some things.

Biggest issue: Lack of HTML settings page in Home Edition. This essentially makes the product just a couple steps improved over a basic doorbell. Cant configure settings or zones or sensitivity or....we'll really anything. 

Thank goodness I still have my Unifi Protect doorbell installed. 

What made you pick POE over WiFi for your retrofit situation?  Just wondering since I’m debating between the two types myself. 

Also, can’t you have your dealer set up the zones for you initially?

Just now, dinom said:

What made you pick POE over WiFi for your retrofit situation? 

Ordered WiFi, dealer sent me PoE on accident. I can deal with it. 

2 minutes ago, dinom said:

Also, can’t you have your dealer set up the zones for you initially?

Sure, but as a heavy HE user with a remote dealer, requiring this is backwards. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my Chime installed and integrated. For the most part video quality is similar to Nest Hello once I increased the resolution from within HE (default was set at lower res).

But now I’m really seeing the need to get the HTML settings page added for HE users. I’m getting constant motion push notifications because it’s a very windy day today and the trees across the street are setting it off. Would love to add zones myself.

Also, the picture is a bit dark, and I believe one can tweak the exposure level with Pro only. For now I’ll have to see if my remote dealer can help. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.